• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Extra Turning feat requirments?

Videssian

First Post
Is there an official ruling somewhere (sage advice?) that specifies if the Extra Turning feat requires the ability to cast undead as a prerequisite, or whether it can be taken in advance? From what I read in the PH or DotF, you don't need to be able to turn undead in the process (you just need to be a cleric or paladin).. this is relevant where a 1st level paladin wants to take it at 1st in order to have it as a prerequisite for certain divine feats at 3rd.. :)

And if this changes in 3.5E, that'd be handy to know too..

thanks,
Gregg

hammymchamham

First Post
I could find no such Prereq from the PHB, but the SRD says:

Extra Turning [Special]
Prerequisite: Ability to Turn Undead
Benefit: Allows a character to turn undead four more times per day than normal.
Special: A character can take this feat multiple times, gaining four extra daily turning attempts each time.

DrSpunj

Explorer
Videssian said:
.. this is relevant where a 1st level paladin wants to take it at 1st in order to have it as a prerequisite for certain divine feats at 3rd.. :)

Ah, so apparently we're going to switch roles after the TPK, eh? :p

DrSpunj

DrSpunj

Explorer
hammymchamham said:
holy sugar buckets. I just noticed where you're located. I used to live in the City o' Five smells.

Ha! :p That's good! I've never heard that and I've been in the area (well, obviously a little south!) for...9 yrs now. I'll have to remember that one.

Thanks!

Videssian

First Post
Ah, so apparently we're going to switch roles after the TPK, eh? :D

Yep! I think I'm going to go with a Holy Warrior of Darmon, and maybe with some cleric thrown in there as well.. I've got a few little ideas related to that which will hopefully foil the occasional RBDM plan.. :D

ttyl,
Gregg

DrSpunj

Explorer
Well...

Videssian said:
Yep! I think I'm going to go with a Holy Warrior of Darmon, and maybe with some cleric thrown in there as well.. I've got a few little ideas related to that which will hopefully foil the occasional RBDM plan.. :D

Just keep in mind the Paladin's lame multiclassing restrictions since that's staying for 3.5e if you do decide to add some Cleric levels. I believe Nail is playing "by the book" although he's made it clear he's willing to "bend" on things like that for a good character concept. Isn't Darmon the God of Thieves? :p

Videssian

First Post
Just keep in mind the Paladin's lame multiclassing restrictions since that's staying for 3.5e if you do decide to add some Cleric levels. I believe Nail is playing "by the book" although he's made it clear he's willing to "bend" on things like that for a good character concept. Isn't Darmon the God of Thieves? :D
Heh, already asked him, he's ok with it :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads