F.a.t.a.l.

Nomad4life

First Post
I just found out about this "game" yesterday, and I must say, I was quite shocked (no small feat.) Is there anything redeeming about it? There must be… From what I have seen, the game looks like it should be illegal. I’m terrified that the media will get ahold of a copy and a new era of “D&D scare” will be upon us.

Or is it not as bad as it appears? I’m not looking to bash anyone’s favorite game system. Rather, I’m looking for some kind of comfort.

You'll find no comfort here. I think F.A.T.A.L. knocked Synnibarr off the "Worst Game Ever" spot when it came out. Synnibarr is just a badly designed game. F.A.T.A.L. is flat-out offensive.

Now, I think F.A.T.A.L. and Rahowa (the white supremicist "RAcial HOly War" role playing game) are tied for "Worst Game Ever" honors.

They're worse than H.O.L. (Human Occupied Landfill)?

I've never heard of F.A.T.A.L. But I played H.O.L (from Black Dog, the label Whtie Wolf uses for stuff too nasty for the White Wolf Name).

It'd have to be pretty nasty to beat out H.O.L for pure disgusting, unethical treatment.

Henry

Autoexreginated
FATAL (I think they dropped the acronym) is... just wrong. I'm sure there are people who enjoy it, somewhere, but I've never talked to someone who admitted it.

That said, for any future posters in this thread, please leave out any abusive language to the creators of the game, nor any death threats, offensive language that tries to avoid our language filters, etc. etc. Thank you.

As you can tell, it's not the first time this game was been discussed. :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Vraille Darkfang said:
They're worse than H.O.L. (Human Occupied Landfill)?

I've never heard of F.A.T.A.L. But I played H.O.L (from Black Dog, the label Whtie Wolf uses for stuff too nasty for the White Wolf Name).

It'd have to be pretty nasty to beat out H.O.L for pure disgusting, unethical treatment.
well, HOL does have the advantage of being a joke. ;)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
well, HOL does have the advantage of being a joke. ;)
:\ Quite.

That's the even more disturbing thing about *.*.*.*.* (as in, beyond some of the content itself): the creators'. . . um, sincerity? No, that word doesn't feel right at all. Well ok, it's close enough.

. . .

Brr.

Wombat

First Post
I cannot imagine any game being on par with FATAL, and I thank all the powers that be that this is so.

I still need to get some Brano (The Instant Brain Cleaner!, tm) after having glanced through the copy I downloaded. The politest term that comes to mind is "repugnant". **shudder**

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I gave FATAL a readthrough a few months back.

It seems like the creators gave it quite a bit of thought. The amount of thought, time, and careful research anyone would give a game they were designing. Including getting art pieces (quite a few of which I actually LIKED, the comic ha-ha funny ones, anyway), layout, mechanics, etc.

There just seems to be a fundamental disconnect from a few very basic game themes and what I assume to be pretty simple human morality. Or at least the morality expressed by anyone seriously attempting to cleave to professionalism in their company.

--fje

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
HeapThaumaturgist said:
There just seems to be a fundamental disconnect from a few very basic game themes and what I assume to be pretty simple human morality. Or at least the morality expressed by anyone seriously attempting to cleave to professionalism in their company.

That and the sheer number of tables burn out your retinas.

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads