• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fable finally has a release date...

drothgery

First Post
I have a very bad feeling about Fable. The more I read about the actual game they ended up with, the more I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be very good. Massive cutbacks in features aren't a good thing; a less ambitious game that actually has almost everything that was originally intended (ala KotOR) tends to work out better than a game that has tons of features cut out.

Last edited:

Express

First Post
drothgery said:
I have a very bad feeling about Fable. The more I read about the actual game they ended up with, the more I'm pretty sure that it's not going to be very good. Massive cutbacks in features aren't a good thing; a less ambitious game that actually has almost everything that was originally intended (ala KotOR) tends to work out better than a game that has tons of features cut out.

Agreed, and a bit worried too. Im cautiously hopeful.

Mr Molyneaux is IMHO rather infamous of touting lots of ambitious revolutionary features then delivering a fraction of those in the final product (Black and White for instance).

Im hoping this game "gimmicks":the evil/good axis and aging aspect wont overshadow satifying gameplay elements.

But heres hoping.

Last edited:

John Crichton

First Post
Not to sound like a fanboy but there are plenty of features left that were at the heart of the game. I think it will rock. I'm a little bummed that the 2nd player option and the gender option was removed but if this does well there is sure to be a sequel. This is the game I am waiting for. More than Resident Evil 4. More than Metal Gear Solid 3.

The interviews, screenshots and test plays have sold me to this point. Gonna be an awesome end of the year for games. :cool:

Shard O'Glase

First Post
I don't think I played any of this guys games but I hope it is as good as elder scrolls 3(preferable the game of the year edition). If game designers could get that on the xbox then rpgs can be really cool on the xbox. And that's all I want from fable a good rpg on my xbox. Sure if everything he initially promised was deleivered I would be even happier but I wasn't expecting it.

The NightWalker

First Post
I have been hoping this wont suck for quite awhile... But knowing the powers that be.. It will.

It seems console rpgs these days have urge to fail release dates. Even great Rpg's like Kotor and kingdom hearts.. seem to take forever to come out! How long must I wait? I have gotten that same feeling my had friend got when she was biting her knails about the last Tomb Raider game.. and oh boy did it ever suck! :eek:

drothgery

First Post
Slipping on the release date is one thing. But Fable was announced (as Project Ego) before the Xbox launched, and won't actually ship for another two months. That's a bit much.

The NightWalker

First Post
You know Jade empire and Kotor 2: the sith lords, will be so much beter then it when all is said and done. And they were made in half the time! ;)

That Peter guy is famous in the gaming world for making bold statements and not coming through with them... What did he say about fable? something along the lines of "will be the greatest Rpg ever!". That statement is a mighty big claim to fufill you must admit.

Remove ads