• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Faded Ink / Smudging Ink in PHB

Does your PHB have faded ink or does the ink smudge?

Anand

2nd Level DM
I got mine from the bazaar booth in Gen Con and it is smudged in around a half dozen pages. It is not terrible, but it looks a bit bad. It is still readable, and only affects text. Chinese printers, I think.

My book has *slight* fading in the spell section, but not enough to affect legibility. Wasn't even enough to warrant a comment on my review of the PHB.

dbm

Savage!
Mine has some 'muddy' pages where it looks like too much black has been used, or perhaps the different colours weren't aligned perfectly. But it is usable.

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Chinese printers, I think.

The back of both of mine state "Printed in USA."

The one I've had since WPN release does have some ink that appears faded, and it smudged when I wiped a tiny spot of water.
The other one just arrived and hasn't been handled yet.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I wonder if the faded issue is related to the wavy pages issue.

If so, then someone could avoid it at a gaming store by not picking up one with wavy pages, only flat pages.

WitchyD

Explorer
Mine has some faded text in a few places, and purple lines (that do not seem intentional) going down the side of a page in the spells section, opposite one with some art with purple in it. I'll take a picture when I get home this afternoon. I love the contents of the book, but not how it was printed. :/

Remove ads