Fading Suns True20

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As the ship lands and Yoki asks the question Tarius gazes back at the gargoyle aweinspired by the craftsmanship that must have gone in to creating such a thing. Technology so ancient and yet so great that these things seem almost alive.

"We don't get off this rock soon" he says the the Charioteer that undercut his rights "you've still got a few more things to do to earn your keep.

Anyway were you able to access the feild maps and any other data for All-Saints?
"

Karl Green

First Post
Yoki shrugs indifferently and says “Yea, I got some satellite photos that are only a couple of years old. Looks like the city is spread out over about four hundred kilometer area, but most of the central and southern parts were destroyed at the fall of the Second Republic, and only the northern parts of the city are more or less intact, even today. Just outside of there is where some of the locals do there mining and I have pictures of a few communities there…

Karl Green

First Post
Yoki smiles, saying "This baby can survive in space... what's a little dust going to do to her?"

Tarius is not quite so sure, only cause this storm looks pretty powerful and will probably have some extreme electrical discharges at its core.

Looking over the maps, the ship could probably make it to one of the northwestern communities before the full storm hits the area. If the ship is on the group and 'locked' down, it should be safe from the worst of it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"You don't have to worry about scouring flotsam and static discharge in Space Tarius replies "So I suggest we head out quickly and get the Oceanid locked down in one of the northwest communities.

It also means we can rest before making our way into All-Saints itself. I have a feeling we will need to be alert when we go in and pray that the Pancreator keeps us safe
"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
She laughs. "Even though it looks like I'm standing over here, in spirit, I was already buckled down in a seat inside of the ship." She starts walking towards the ship's ramp and begins to smirk. "I all for leaving as soon as possible... after all, the faster we get to All-Saints, the faster 'we get off this rock'. Now if you can excuse me, I need to get some sand out of my boots."

Karl Green

First Post
Yoki powers up the Oceand’s engines and the group is quickly off. Flying over the rest of the southwestern part of the desert, they are over the ruins of All-Saints within an hour. Of course not much to see at night, as there are no lights on down there. Only sensors show anything, in grainy black-and-white.

Flying over the mining communities to maybe get an idea of how big they are, the first two look like there might be 100 residences in each, but as they approach the third village area Yoki reports high IR-levels on the scopes… looks like a fire. A big one... maybe the whole village...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"This could be a bump in our plans" Tarius says under his breath as he attempts to interpret the IR scan and if possible get a better look at the extent of the fire and the surrounding area.

Deferring to the noblewomen he asks "do we go an investigate or should we find a safer landing site?"

Remove ads