• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FAIR WARNING for firewall users, particularly Norton.

Enkhidu

Explorer
RuleMaster said:
I've deactivated shortly Zonealarm and the images still didn't show up. I'm having Strato as provider, but I don't think that you know this company.

When you said the images didn't show up, did you get the BANNED icon or simply the failed image icon? If its the former, you still have an HTTP_referer issue, if not then don't worry about it - it wouldn't effect what MM was suggesting anyway.

As for the security feature: would it be a good idea to, on the new server, set up a test bed after its built (and before vBulletin is installed) with the appropriate PHP scripts to test the setting (and all other necessary PHP security settings) and then conduct a test driven by the community? You could have a meta thread (or maybe a general thread) with a link to the test, directions on fixing it if the test fails, and even a poll to determine how many have problems even after the fix.

It could let the powers that be make an informed decision.

diaglo

Adventurer
$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERRER'] is not present, you'll need to figure out how to turn off the setting of your firewall that blocks this variable from being sent.

jthilo

First Post
typo?

Stab in the dark here--could it be that you've misspelled HTTP_REFERER? The test page spells it HTTP_REFERRER. That might explain why people who aren't behind firewalls fail the test.

Verequus

First Post
Enkhidu said:
When you said the images didn't show up, did you get the BANNED icon or simply the failed image icon? If its the former, you still have an HTTP_referer issue, if not then don't worry about it - it wouldn't effect what MM was suggesting anyway.
I get neither the right images for both examples 2 and 3 - one broken link and the BLOCKED icon. Do I have to worry then?

The Internet Explorer has the same problem. Does this mean, that my provider does something wrong?

Last edited:

Enkhidu

Explorer
RuleMaster said:
I get neither the right images for both examples 2 and 3 - one broken link and the BLOCKED icon. Do I have to worry then?

The Internet Explorer has the same problem. Does this mean, that my provider does something wrong?

Allright, everybody out of the pool.

Take a look at the top most image pair - is the pair clean and identical? If so, then you have absolutely no problem. The image pairs farther down the page are simply references for you to match the real image pair to.

Verequus

First Post
Oh. Ohohoh. Shame on me - the stupid user syndrome has smitten me... A truly sad day, if you would know, what I should be capable of. AARRGGHH!!!

Everything fine - ignore all my above posts please.

Gez

First Post
RuleMaster said:
Oh. Ohohoh. Shame on me - the stupid user syndrome has smitten me... A truly sad day, if you would know, what I should be capable of. AARRGGHH!!!

If it can consolate you, you aren't the only one completely ashamed right now. I blame the English language. I mean, all these things are redacted in a crazy moon language that I can barely decipher. :p

Enkhidu

Explorer
Gez said:
If it can consolate you, you aren't the only one completely ashamed right now. I blame the English language. I mean, all these things are redacted in a crazy moon language that I can barely decipher. :p

This coming from the Frenchman who can properly use the word "redacted."

Remove ads