Fall of the 14th Kingdom (OOC)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Thanks Ark. I have a little more info now, and will be getting my new computer soon. (There is now another one in my house, but it does not belong to me and the owner is saying "No OpenRPG on it.") However, my weekends are going to be rather hectic and taxing for the next few weeks, so I will have to hold off on re-joining for a little while longer.

February 21st, though, I should be good to go, and will be back to handle Slassz and Tetsu. If you could e-mail me the logs from the sessions during my absence, that would be much appreciated.

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'm going to be late tonight, as my family is doing a big Mother's Day dinner out (and celebrating my brother's birthday). I should be on sometime between 7 and 8 PM Pacific.

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry for the late notice, folks, but it appears my family has made plans for tonight and I will be out of the house for a few hours this evening. -_- The game session for tonight (May 30th) will have to be cancelled. Game resumes next week.

tomm

First Post
having problems tonight

I can't seem to access the servers tonight....my internet connection from fairpoint has been horrible as of late.

Arkhandus

First Post
No worries, Cyst. There wasn't a game on the 8th or so, I hadn't gotten back to my usual activities yet at that point. Got back home on the weekend, but needed a few days to rest, unpack, and catch up on stuff.

Game is on for this week, Sunday August 15th.

tomm

First Post
welcome back

it is good to see you back in action Ark. On Friday, the cable company is coming to switch my phone/internet over from DSL to high speed cable. I'm hoping there will be no gliches setting up my router. Regardless last week I discovered that I could tap into openrpg from my local Mcdonalds....so it should work out one way or another. Today my son was watching me paint some skeletons (I have a large painted mini collection) and he commented that I have some "odd" hobbies...he is getting old enough to figure that out.

tomm

First Post
new spells

Ark - in terms of new spells...depending on what is in this red leather dragon scale spell book....when cyst gets back to Hanten Ganbaru he will look to backfill some older lower level spells:
see invisibility, gust of wind, grease, rope trick, scrying, evard's black tentacles, monster summoning IV, stoneskin, comprehend languages, phantasmal killer.......a few 5th's wouldn't hurt......baleful polymorph...cloudkill...wall of force..summon monster V...all good. It is nice to have a big fat spell book but at the end of the day you still only have X number of slots and I find myself wishing I had cued up something different every day...orb of sonic would have been perfect vs that caraytid column....a few lightning bolts would have nice vs the dire wolves....you try to prepare a little bit of this trying to anticipate almost anything....and you wind up coming close to having something suitable for a lot of encounters....but with little spell depth.

tomm

First Post
will be late tonight

I'm arriving in Chicago exactly at 9:00 pm EST. It will take me some time to get to my hotel...so plan on me being late....but I should be able to log on before 10 EST.

Remove ads