• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fallen World (Mature, Dark)

Bloosquig

First Post
Big looks around quickly trying to find a path further into the city where they might be able to hide. He will also look for any signs of areas a defender might come from, garrisons etc. Finally he'll look around for any signs of the artifact they were sent in for.

Nephtys

First Post
Big looks trough the gates again, as Ysandes Haste spell expires. On the plaza on the other side of the coagulating veils of viscous stone he can spot some movement, vague outlines of dwarves and elves and something else, large and monstrous. But for now your enemies seem to be waiting.
Behind you is the Wall of stone with its small breach, behind the wall a system of caves and corridors that is mostly unexplored and on your sides, above you and beneath you lies the primordial rock of the world. And in that rock something gathers its strength and suddenly lunges forwards.
(edited)
The two alienists barely spot the movement in the corner of their eyes before they turn around and unleash the spells they had prepared. A bolt of lightning jumps forth from Mystic's hands striking the tentacle, but passing semingly harmlessly trough. Canthan launches a beam of emerald light, hitting the mark perfectly but scoring only minor damage (-13 hp).
(/edited)
Kaj, already drained and dying from the energies of this place, barely has time to react before a great stone-scaled tentacle burst forth trough the eastern wall as if trough water, slamming him into the floor with a devastating blow even as it envelopes him and begins to squeeze, crushing his ribs and spine effortlessly. He cries out in pain and then he falls broken to the floor as the spiked tentacle drops him in what can almost be desribed as a gesture of contempt.

-

Surprise round

Init:

Aeryk
Mystic
Ysande
William
Monster
Big
Canthan
Enemies beyond the gate

--

ooc edited: Since Canthan and Mystic performed their readied actions before initiative was rolled (the rules aren't clear on that point) their initiative shouldn't change and they can still act in this round (I think) (?).

--
ooc: Warlock, Gli'jar, you readied your spells against attackers coming from the ruined gates, right? Did you specify which spells you had readied, or do you leave that up to me?

ooc2: Those whose initiative is above the monsters can post their actions in any order, the rest should wait until after the monsters action.

HP: Does this look about right? (the +26 bonus comes from the +4 con from Mok's spell, it looks like Canthan and Mystic have included this in their total hps on their character sheets.)

y 63+26-7-7-3-5-6=61
k ---
w 87+26-8-6-4-3-5=87
c 67(incl+26)-15=52
m 66(incl+26?)-3-21-18=24
b 104+26-5-35=90
a 73+26=99

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
ooc: no, I didn't specify. I'll leave it to you, (I figure Mystic has enough int to pick the right spell) My hp is a total of 79 with Moks spell.

Gli'jar

First Post
[sblock=Canthan ooc]
My Hp are as follows HP: 65 (35base+ 6class + 26con + additional 13 profane bonus to con)-15-(1d6subdual).
Correct, a spell was readied, but I did not specify a spell to cast. I left that up to you. I figured an area spell for a group or a targeted spell for a single person encounter with the level depending upon the perceived threat. It looks like I post after the monster acts. Good luck all.

The following spells are memorized:
2+1+1, 7th – glass strike, prismatic spray, summon monster VII (x2)(Cast 1)
3+1, 6th - disintegrate, acid storm, fire spiders , summon monster VI
4+1, 5th – fireburst greater, animal growth (x2), wall of stone, summon monster V
4+1, 4th – translocation trick(CST), vortex of teeth, dim door, stone skin(cast), blast of flame
6+1, 3rd - dispel magic, viper gout, fly, acid breath, manyjaws (x2), summon monster III
6+1, 2nd - glitterdust, baleful transposition (cast), rope trick, rainbow beam, Ice knife, phantasmal assailants, web,
6+1, 1st – grease (CAST), benign transposition (x2), true strike, buzzing bee, nerve skitter, Lesser orb of Acid
4, 0 - detect magic (x4)[/sblock]

Trollbabe

First Post
Still invisible, Aeryk is awe struck as Kaj is crushed... Fearing that the stone creature may sense footsteps he remains still... weapons at the ready. He prepares himself for what seems to be an inevitable onslaught from the gate creature.

[sblock=Aeryk OOC Stuff and Ready Action information.]Ready action - Attack any part of the stone creature that comes within his reach. I assume Aeryk is positioned near Big at the gate. I only got a +2 Con bonus so my HP is 86.

HP: 86/86 (4 subdual damage)
Remaining Assassin Spells: 1st: 4, 2nd: 2, 3rd: 4, 4th: 0
Remaining Ranger Spells: 1st: 1

Ongoing Effects:
Mokninchel's Spell (+4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 AC, +2 Saves)
Invisibility[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
[sblock=Spells Prepared]
0- detect magic (2), light, cure minor wounds,
1- bless, snake's swiftness, silent image, charm person, CLW (2)
2- hold person, silence, mirror image, align fang, augury,(1 used)
3- invisibility purge, suggestion, (3 used)
4- (5 used)
5-summon monster V, (3 used),
6- magic jar, (2 used)
7-greater teleport, summon monster VII
[/sblock]

The alienist swears loudly, feeling like a fool. As the six other illusionary copies mimic his actions (14 min. duration from when cast), he thinks rapidly. Most of his remaining high-level spells are summoning, and those that aren't target humainoids. As such, the archivist will attempt to identify the creature, while casting snake's swiftness on anyone who cares to attack the thing (delaying if need be).

Nephtys

First Post
Aeryk, invisible and unmoving, readies himself for facing the monster's next attack while Mystic touches William's shoulder, releasing a spell of swiftness into the Greyguard. (What exactly does the spell do?). Ysande looks in horror at the broken body of her dear and faithful ally and friend lying almost at her feet, then looks up at the barbed tentacle. "You will regret that. Whatever you are I will make you feel pain." But her tone, even trough her anger and sorrow, reveals her insecurity. She backs away, to be able to cast her spells from a safe distance when the tentacle waves lazily and slaps her hard on her face, sending her reeling, (aoo, -19 hp). She stumbles backwards, then steels herself once more, a wild look in her eyes and sings a spell in a voice beautiful despite its cold hatred. (Haste on everyone)
William steps forwards, spinning his staff and landing two resounding blows on the stony limb, smiting it. Yet despite his powerful attack the hard material resists much of the impact, (enemy: -12hp, -10hp). He can sense its anger as it turns its attention to him.
The rock of the tunnels wall roils like water when the guardian appears, surging out of the rock like a great underwater monstrosity, bubbling with claws and tentacles cruelly barbed. The massive tentacle that smote Kaj and Ysande sweeps towards William with impossible swiftness, yet he dodges the clumsy attack nimbly. But even his luck and skill isn't enough to avoid the next limb, or the one after that. One attack after the other the concentrated fury of the guardian beats down on William, before the final tentacle takes him in its grasp, squeezing. William, his handsome face unrecognizable under a mask of wounds and bruises, strains against the awesome strength of the monster and against all odds forces its grasp off him. (William: -9, -7, -12, -10, -26)

ooc: Mystic recognizes the creature as an inferior copy of an ancient Duergar craft of constructs long thought forgotten. Those ancient constructs, and apparently this one, were crafted in the semblance of various deep-sea monsters and posessed many of the characteristics of earth elementals, including the ability of swimming trough solid rock. Posessed of great strength and speed as well as an inhuman intelligence they were nearly unstoppable engines of destrustion, some of them even posessing a great variety of special attacks and abilities, magical or alchemical in origin. Their ability to strike anywhere, nearly with impunity, made them one of the most feared and hated weapons of the ancient era.

Init:

Big
Canthan
Enemies beyond the gate
Aeryk
Mystic
Ysande
William
Monster

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
OOC: Snake's swiftness gives the target (William) an extra attack, at highest bonus. Love that spell. It's only for one turn.

[sblock=spells prepared]

0- detect magic (2), light, cure minor wounds,
1- silent image, charm person, CLW (2) (2 used)
2- hold person, silence, mirror image, align fang, augury,(1 used)
3- invisibility purge, suggestion, (3 used)
4- (5 used)
5-summon monster V, (3 used),
6- magic jar, (2 used)
7-greater teleport, summon monster VI
[/sblock]

"This thing is a construct like an earth elemental, but I cannot say what abilities it has in store," says the alienist. He invokes a minor prayer.

OOC: casting bless. +1 to attack and fear rolls, duration 13 minutes.

Spell effects: bless 13 minutes
haste 13 rounds
mirror image 14 minutes
profane bonuses (does the +4 go to int or wis? I have split casting, +4 con, etc.)
26 hp

Last edited:

Bloosquig

First Post
Big curses as the beast comes lumbering out of the wall and launches its barrage of attacks.

"Can't seem to get a break can we..." he mutters to himself before hurling himself at it with a loud roar.

[sblock=ooc]Another Lion's Charge using psychic focus for imp damage on the first strike.

First strike is 30 dealing 42 damage.

second strike hits 26 for 31

final axe strike hits 26 dealing 31

finally Big will bite hitting 29 and dealing 23 damage.

98/116 hp
41/63 PP
AC 26

Under the effects of:

Camouflage 1~hour
Inertial Barrier 2~ hours
Bite 10~ minutes
Profane bonuses
Ysande's Haste (unknown duration probably 13~ rounds?)
Blessing 13~ minutes

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads