famous d&d evil rangers?

I'm running a con game in which all the players are evil PC's from d&D's past. Mainly minor characters etc. I'm having a difficulty finding any named evil rangers. I know this is most often because of alignment restrictions of older editions. However can anyone think of known evil rangers? Any world is fine as the villians come all d&d worlds including golarion. The weirder the better. I've been looking for a thri-kreen or cannibal halfling from athas to no avail.

Thanks

Mad_Jack

Legend
Y'know, I'm almost positive there's at least one that showed up in a module somewhere along the line, but I can't remember a name or where they were mentioned.

Not a ranger, per se, but Artemis Entreri was known for dual-wielding. That's halfway to being a Ranger.

Actually, according to a quick Google search, his 3E write-up does give him one level of Ranger, and one level of Assassin, alongside his normal Fighter and Rogue levels.

houser2112

Explorer
Just reading the headline, Artemis Entreri came immediately to mind, even though he's a "ranger" as much as Elminster is a "fighter". :)

Until 3e, weren’t rangers required to be good-aligned? That may limit your options, depending on how much the books adhered to that rule. But there might be trackers and bounty hunters that could pass for rangers.

He’s not D&D (Or is he, what with the Lycanthrope entry in the MM?), but the first evil ranger that comes to mind is Gaston from Beauty & the Beast, of all things.

Allandaros

Explorer
Kira the Huntress was a fallen ranger present in Return to the Keep on the Borderlands (the 2e treatment of KotB), a merc hired by the death temple (along with her fallen paladin buddy).

Remove ads