• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Famous Last Words.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
In our gaming group often said by the PCs:

"As long as I (beat/don't roll) a.." often followed by the rolling of said horrid number.

From a character of mine prone to blunders (KithKalin Khaladuar Elven Rogue):

"Hey there a secret door here..." just before tripping a Fire Trap that only hit our Wizard...
"Oh damn." After setting off a Death Ward that only killed our Wizard...

TTFN

Moe Ronalds

First Post
"Okay, so you say the walls are growing faces, which are slowly growing out into tentacle-like appendages and looking less than happy? Okay, I poke one of the faces in the eye. Okay, so they're wrapping around my arms and legs and trying to pull me into the wall? Okay I got a 3 on my strength check. Roll again? A three. Wait, why are you laughing???"

Numion

First Post
I guess the most common in our games is

"Let's check just one more room.."

In a way the funniest if said IC is

"Not again!"

:D

dpdx

Explorer
"Um, why's the man with all the red tattoos pointing at me?"

- my PC, an Elf Ranger 10
Return to White Plume Mountain

Dark Jezter

First Post
"Why won't this thing just die already?!"

"Well, if he's lawful evil, we won't have to worry about him breaking his word and betraying us."

"Why are you guys drawing your weapons? It's just a black elf. Are you rascist or something?"

"Don't worry, guys, I've got a Planar Binding spell cast. That means that the demon has to do whatever I say."

"I knock over the dwarf's ale and pull on his beard."

"What's that you said? This is the Head of Vecna?"

"I cast Lightning Bolt on the Shambling Mound."

"Olaf? You'd think that a barbarian warrior would have a name that didn't sound so stupid."

"Don't worry, orcs hate sunlight. We should be okay as long as we get back to town before nightfall."

"I cast fireball!" (Spoken while in a 20x20 room)

"I'll just let trigger the trap myself. I've got enough hp that it won't do any real harm to me."

"What are the odds that I'll roll two natural 1s in a row?"

Sir Whiskers

First Post
In RttToEE, the first time we encountered Hedrack:

"I'm with Hieronyous!" (right before he disintegrated the paladin)

In RttToEE, the second time we encountered Hedrack:

"I'm with Heironyous!" (right before he killed the paladin with a save-or-die spell)

Mystic_23

First Post
jasper said:
What do you mean? I going into the soup pot! I had a deal with the witch! The other characters first!

Sorta like:

"Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?"

"That's right, Matrix, you did!"

"I lied."

:D

Remove ads