• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fan-made material impossible until 2009?

Elemmakil

First Post
Oh, I don't think that I would remain civil if WotC got mad at me for posting additional material before 2009.

I also doubt very much that they would object. I may be wrong here, but I thought that most of the stuff on this forum (or others) was not published under the OGL because they didn't repost a copy of the OGL, anyway.

OGL said:
Copy of this License: You MUST include a copy of this License with every copy of the Open Game Content You Distribute.

LightPhoenix

First Post
There seems to be a lot of overblowing in this thread. I don't think that there has been any indication of WotC using "derivative works" or a similar legal clause on free, fan-made material. TSR yes, but they were also a terribly run company. WotC would not still be in business if they were poorly run.

If you were selling stuff online, for money, that would be a problem. If ENWorld started charging for access to House Rules, that would be a problem. WotC is not going to waste time and money, let alone good-will, on sending C&Ds to random people online.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Delta said:
Of course, it's not a criminal matter (jail), it's a civil matter (fines).

Oh, that's even better. When I don't pay them, they can throw me in jail. Can you imagine the news headlines? JAY H THROWN IN JAIL FOR POSTING HIS HOMEBREW WORLD TO ENWORLD AND NOT PAYING HIS FINE.

My d4's are laughing ;)

jh

Remove ads