• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantastic Locations: Where are the levels?

Keith Robinson

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
So is it my imagination or does the 4th book in the Fantastic Locations series still not have a recommended level for the adventure inside?

Fane of the Drow: 4th level
Hellspike Prison: 9th level
Fields of Ruin: 8th level
Dragondown Grotto: 10th level

You'll find it in the Introduction :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Red Moon Games said:
Fane of the Drow: 4th level
Hellspike Prison: 9th level
Fields of Ruin: 8th level
Dragondown Grotto: 10th level

You'll find it in the Introduction :)

Oh I know that they're on the inside.

But since they're sealed in plastic, how would a potential buyer know that?

I think Phil's explanation is probably the correct one.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I just looked at those products the other day, and was remarking to the store owner that it was fairly ridiculous that there was no level range on the outside of the package. Even worse, I have yet to see a Scale This Adventure section for any of them. I don't think these things are seriously meant for RPG - they're skirmish through-and-through.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
blargney the second said:
Even worse, I have yet to see a Scale This Adventure section for any of them. I don't think these things are seriously meant for RPG - they're skirmish through-and-through.

The thing is, the official miniatures game section of each adventure is a single page (and only half a page in the latest release) and in most cases three of the maps are designed for the miniatures game.

What I think is most telling about the series is the way in which the RPG adventures are presented; you don't so much journey from place to place as you do "place miniatures on the player start area." The journey between locations is handled through "box text."

There's nothing wrong with this since it's a way to get to the action for those that prefer combat-centric games. It's just that this approach, along with the "dungeon delve format" we saw earlier, has me trying to figure out just what adventures for a future edition of the game will look like.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
philreed said:
I've got one of these and I hate it. Why, oh why did my rare mini from that booster have to be this waste of plastic? To me, this thing is worthless. I can't even find a way to trade it for something good.
You are dead to me, kobold-hater.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads