• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantastic New Fantasy Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

damiynn

First Post
A KIngs Quest by AV Wedhorn is vol 1 of The Kingdom Chronicles. It starts out with a brutal murder of the Royal Family of Kallamar. Where it is thought that all of the family were murdered, Twenty years later a young Battlmage named Damien Daverge is told that "he" is supposed to be the heir to the throne and must prove it so before the realm disintergrates into a civil war between east and west and before his own cousin does become the ruler serving as a puppet for the men who killed his parents. In order to prove he is the heir to the throne and crown he must travel to a place called the Godshall and recover the Dragon rings that will either name him king or kill him as an imposter. He travels with a motley group of adventures including the assassin who is trying to kill him who works for his uncle the royal regent. A Kings Quest is fantastic and I can wait for the next one,,

I truly loved this book it drew me in and I thought I was living every page of the story, if anyone else wants to read a great book check this one out it is well worth it

@AV Wedhorn.. errr damiynn: It's a bit lame for an author to pimp his own book by pretending to be some slavering fan. Your profile lists your birthday as being the same as AV Wedhorn's - oops! You've also logged on to this site and posted a review of this book.

If anyone is interested, here's a real review of this novel: Real Review. The gist is that the reviewer enjoyed the action-oriented scenes, but that the writing was very poor (spelling and grammatical errors, among other problems).

Unfortunately, although the plot and ideas contained in ‘A King’s Quest’ had captivated me, I was distracted by the shockingly poor grammar and lack of proof-reading which was plainly apparent. Basic mistakes such as using the wrong spelling of a word are inexcusable and make the book difficult to read - I spent a lot of time having to reword sentences in my own head in order to make sense of what the author was trying to say.

Frukathka said:
What is this, a novel? If not when did Kalamar go the way of syndication?
Funny you should say that; here's the first sentence of the review I just posted:
‘A King’s Quest’ tells the story of one man’s journey as he discovers that he is the rightful heir to the 14 Kingdoms of Kallamar and must accept his responsibility in restoring peace to the land.

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
Already posted about this in Meta, dude. Right here.

Think that's enough, or should I email one of the mods?

EDIT:

Ulorian said:
‘A King’s Quest’ tells the story of one man’s journey as he discovers that he is the rightful heir to the 14 Kingdoms of Kallamar and must accept his responsibility in restoring peace to the land.

Waitasecond. I don't know much about Kalamar, but aren't there 14 kingdoms in KenzerCo's setting?
If that's the case, then I think I just lost interest in this book. And the author.

Last edited:

damiynn

First Post
A Kings Quest review

If you are going to post a review Ulorian you should look at all of the reviews of this book and not just one that voices your own petty thoughts. I happened to like the book because of the excellent review written by the Senior Editor of the Midwest book review the largest reviewer in the country Here is another real review.

This exciting adventures opens with the brutal murder of a Royal family. You are thrust into the Kingdom of Kings and Nobel's, elves and magicians as you begin this page turning read.
Who is Damien Daverge, and is he truly the rightful ruler of these Kingdoms?
Why is his cousin claiming Kingship and will Damien prove himself as rightful King before it is too late? Can he save the Kingdoms from the rule of the ancient evil Masters who would once again enslave them?A lot of questions, a lot of adventures packs a wallop of a punch in this fast pace mystical read.

Shirley Johnson Midwest Book Review:
The author A V Wedhorn does an outstanding job pulling the many characters together, weaving them into their proper places in the storyline and bringing to light their colorful personalities and magical gifting.
This is no small feat in this work that is but part one of "The Kingdom Chronicles."
If you like a book that is brimming with supernatural powers, swordsmen of mystical powers, teachers with unearthly wisdom,loyalty, betrayal, and a quest of grave importance, this is the one for you.
A book of the finest quality, with a medieval flavor, captivating and attention grabbing. Recommended.

shaylon

First Post
Man when I read the review here I was kind of excited about the series but with this information I don't think I will be buying it. If this is really the author pushing his novel then I think that sends a sign that not only is the author shady but that the book needs this kind of help.

-Shay

Aris Dragonborn said:
Already posted about this in Meta, dude. Right here.

Think that's enough, or should I email one of the mods?
I got suspicious when I saw that this was damiynn's first post. I'm not sure if it's something a moderator would care about, unless ENWorld is concerned that this sort of behaviour on damiynn/Wedhorn's part will reflect negatively on the integrity of this site. Maybe they would care actually.. send the moderators an email, it can't hurt.

@damiynn/Wedhorn: You would have received a lot more respect if you had come in and posted something like: "Hey, I'm one of the authors of Book X, newly published by Publisher Y. It's called A, and has synopsis B. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it." Posing as a fan.. that's contemptible, and in my opinion, a bit pathetic. You reap what you sow.

By the way, in the review I posted, I made sure to note that there were positive comments as well as negative ones.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Moderator's Notes

Okay, folks. I was on the border after the first post, trying to figure out whether to leave this thread open. But Damiynn, you may not call other folks' opinions petty. In general, opening an account on any messageboard just to offer anonymous praise for your own product is poor form; that rule holds true here as well.

Welcome to the boards, and I invite you to look around, post on other topics, and enjoy your stay. Make sure you read the rules about insulting other users, and make sure that your posts don't all consist of praise for your own work (and if you do praise your own work, make it clear that this is what you're doing).

Folks, if you see something that might need mod attention, please report it to us; we're much likelier to see it that way.

Meanwhile, thread locked. I'm going to run this thread by the other mods to see if they agree.

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads