Fantasy Book Series: Edda-Earth (Or: the fun of self-publishing and self-promoting)

Rune

Once A Fool
You might build some name-recognition around these parts by posting a campaign chronicle in the Story Hour forum. Of course, there's a lot of competition in there, nowadays. But, at least once upon a time, almost every story would garner at least a small audience. And some, very large and avid.

Ravenwind

First Post
You might build some name-recognition around these parts by posting a campaign chronicle in the Story Hour forum. Of course, there's a lot of competition in there, nowadays. But, at least once upon a time, almost every story would garner at least a small audience. And some, very large and avid.

Does that mean "stories of how my players used to help me torment them and how hard I had to work to keep them alive while they swore I was the most evil DM to walk the planet?" If so, I . . . may have a few. >.>

Rune

Once A Fool
Pretty much, yeah. The general structure pretty quickly evolved to exclude meta game terminology and look a lot more like pure prose fiction, but the fundamentally collaborative nature of their stories remains the same (I think--I haven't really been in there in a while).

Ravenwind

First Post
Pretty much, yeah. The general structure pretty quickly evolved to exclude meta game terminology and look a lot more like pure prose fiction, but the fundamentally collaborative nature of their stories remains the same (I think--I haven't really been in there in a while).

Oh, I see. That would be more like taking the narrative of the original adventure and cleaning it up for other people to read. Since the bulk of my work was done in my own homebrew universe, which at least one of the players is still telling me I need to work into novel form. I did spend a few months reworking the universe and taking the first campaign and removing the characters from it that I didn't have rights to, and removing. . . quite a few of the, um, oopses from it, so now I have about a hundred pages of backstory prepped to go forward with. I hadn't expected to be writing a fourth book for Edda; I was just going to do a collection of novellas in that universe to round out a few questions. One of those novellas took on a life of its own, however, and then I realized I had to do Book IV. I owed it to the characters, really. So my other universes are backburnered and impatiently awaiting my arrival in them.

Unfortunately, peddling my papers a little each day takes time away from writing the universes. *grump*

But, suffice to say, while I'd be happy to tell the story of the Terrible Fate of the Item Hoarder or the Saga of the 'Virgin,' they'd be tales divorced from the setting. They'd be more like Tales from the Table over at PvP. (Which are hilarious, by the bye. I read those each week and curl in on myself laughing.)

Ravenwind

First Post
Congratulations! I'll have to check that out after work!

Thank you! I managed to make myself listen to the whole thing to the end (listening to your own voice tends to be a cringeworthy experience, doesn't it?) and in the main, I'm satisfied with it. Would have preferred to stutter less, but that's my mind going faster than my mouth can keep up. *grumble*

Remove ads