• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantasy Concepts: An OGL Fantasy Saga Project

Flynn

First Post
Another Status Update...

Because of recent work concerns, I haven't had the opportunity to work on the magic and spell sections like I would have preferred. However, I am making an effort to get that section done by Thursday, in hopes of still meeting our deadline.

With Regards,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
Moniker said:
Flynn,

Are you by chance the author of the PDF floating around out there of the SW Saga fantasy conversion?

Nope, that's not me, that's The_Gneech. I like his work, but as Lord Trinian says above, you need SECR to use it properly. Also, it's more Sword & Sorcery, a good style, but one that doesn't capture the manner in which D&D is usually portrayed. The_Gneech worked on his project about the same time I started this one, if that helps with the timeline.

Personally, I'm looking for a more complete OGL version of some Fantasy Saga rules that will let you play D&D with much the same feel as Saga, even if some rules are different due to legal issues. Soon after starting the project on my own, EditorBFG chimed in, revealing that Big Finger Games was also considering such a project, and offered to join forces. We've been collaborating off and on ever since. (That's mostly due to EditorBFG's being sick and also having to focus on his Real Life job, which is perfectly understandable.)

We are still looking at getting done with the main draft by the end of the month. I'm working on Magic and Spells tonight, and he's working on Talents, Races and Prestige Classes. I will definitely keep you guys appraised of things as we move forward, and I look forward to getting this out to you guys as soon as we possibly can.

With Regards,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
Status Update - 10/18/07

Good Evening, My Friends:

The Magic draft, which includes notes on spell conversion, has been completed. It appears that my work, at least on the initial draft is done. The rest lies in the hands of EditorBFG, although if he needs the assistance, I am more than willing to offer it. I expect that we'll be hearing from him soon.

• Character Creation - General: Section completed!
  • Character Races: EditorBFG is practically done.
  • Class-based Talent Paths: EditorBFG is nearing completion.
  • Feats: Section completed!
  • Equipment: Section completed!
  • Combat: Section completed!
  • Environment & Hazards: Section completed!
  • Magic System: Section completed!
  • Conversion Notes - Prestige Classes: EditorBFG has started work.
  • Conversion Notes - Spells: Section completed!
  • Conversion Notes - Monsters: Section completed!

Hope This Helps,
Flynn

graylion

First Post
Awsome

You guys are really doing considering what i think of real life responsibilities. I work 60+ hours per week in food and beverage.

My hat is off too you I can ot wait to see your finalal product.

Regards

Flynn

First Post
The latest update from EditorBFG from this weekend:

Well, on my end, the good news I have been working. The bad news is, I haven't been in front of my PC for more than 20 minutes this week, so I have been doing talents in a very messy binder. Still, they are practically done, and therefore I may be able to send you something tonight or tomorrow.

Hoping to hear something from him soon,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
A Special Thanks...

As an aside, I would like to list all of the contributors and supporters that have joined in on this thread in support of this endeavor. My thoughts are to list everyone at least by their ENWorld names, but if you'd like me to include your mundane name in addition, I would be happy to do so. However, out of respect for your privacy, I won't include your name unless you give us permission to do so. (Please understand that this is just a way of saying thank you for your comments, and does not represent any other obligation on anyone's part, okay?)

If you would like to be included in this special "thank you" section, please respond and let me know how you'd like to be identified in the list.

Thank you very much for your time and your continued support of this project,
Flynn

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads