• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fantasy Grounds Connection Issue

Meliath1742

First Post
Hey all. Brand new to the Fantasy Grounds VTT. Having issues getting the test connect to work. I spent most of yesterday working on it and still no luck. Here's what I've tried so far: I can get two instances of FG to work together using the Localhost. From what I've learned that indicates I don't have a software firewall issue. I've forwarded port 1802 on my router and ensured that UPnP is turned on. Using the netstat command when FG is running I see that port 1802 is listening. But, when I use a web based port finder it says that 1802 is closed. Does this mean that my ISP is blocking it? Any other ideas of what I might try?

Meliath1742

First Post
Thanks. I've been to the link you posted and have looked at Hamachi. I'm beginning to think the problem is my ISP cable modem and I've sent their support an email asking about. If all else fails I'll get serious about Hamachi :)

Meliath1742

First Post
I was able to get into the cable modem and set it up for port forwarding but still had no luck. Soo...I downloaded Hamachi and gave it a shot...AND IT WORKED! I was able to get the test connection and get my wife's PC to connect. It was seamless! Looks like I'll be using Hamachi unless I stumble onto a solution for a normal connection. Thanks for the help all😁

Remove ads