Fantasy Grounds Usage Stats Are In - 5E, Pathfinder, 3.5, Savage Worlds, then Star Wars!

The most recent usage stats for Smiteworks' Fantasy Grounds are in! With the caveat that Fantasy Grounds is the officially licensed D&D 5E virtual tabletop, the stats don't tell a vastly different story to the quarter's stats from The Orr Group's Roll20 system except that D&D's lead is a little more pronounced as you'd expect. D&D 5E leads with 53% of games, with Pathfinder following up at 14%, D&D 3.5 at 9%; the big difference is that on FG we then have Savage Worlds at 6%. The various Star Wars games are combined to make up 2% of games played in the last year.

The most recent usage stats for Smiteworks' Fantasy Grounds are in! With the caveat that Fantasy Grounds is the officially licensed D&D 5E virtual tabletop, the stats don't tell a vastly different story to the quarter's stats from The Orr Group's Roll20 system except that D&D's lead is a little more pronounced as you'd expect. D&D 5E leads with 53% of games, with Pathfinder following up at 14%, D&D 3.5 at 9%; the big difference is that on FG we then have Savage Worlds at 6%. The various Star Wars games are combined to make up 2% of games played in the last year.

RulesetUsage2015_12310_image001.png

RulesetUsage2014_17990_image001.png

It's worth noting that these stats are for the last 12 months, not just the last quarter. Smiteworks' Doug Davison told me "I updated the numbers for the last 12 months. I then removed any entry for a game that only had 30 games in a month and consolidated a few variants into a single entry - such as with Star Wars. I realize that D6, EotE and Saga are all substantially different, but it seems like the best way to represent those."

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 16.17.02.png

Orange Mage

Explorer
Why not move D&D 4E onto the first pie chart? It's not that far behind Savage Worlds, but has a notable lead over the next system. That way, you'd have all the D&D on one chart, and it would be a bit easier to see the entries on the second chart.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Why not move D&D 4E onto the first pie chart? It's not that far behind Savage Worlds, but has a notable lead over the next system. That way, you'd have all the D&D on one chart, and it would be a bit easier to see the entries on the second chart.

4e is yesterday. Get some pie.

Kalizaar

First Post
We use Fantasy Grounds 3 or 4 times a month to play local 5e games, using a 42" TV lying on the table for the players to see. We use 2 licenses so that we can use one laptop for the DM, and a 2nd laptop for the players, one of which plays with us using Skype since she moved out of state. We used to just use one laptop and extend the screen onto the TV and use a 2nd local client, but we like having the 2nd laptop/license so the players can have some control of their map.

So I wonder how their numbers would change if they could track groups like us. Probably not a huge number, but who knows?

One awkward/sucky thing with having 2 DM clients though is that only one license has all the books purchased so we have to sign into one or the other Steam account to work on campaigns. It's too bad we can't share the purchased content between our 2 DM licenses.

Remove ads

Remove ads