• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Farscape the RPG

Grifter86

First Post
Hey all,

I just wanted to hear from some people who have purchased the Farscape RPG.

Does it carry over all the panache of the TV show?

Does it have any revolutionary or just different game mechanics?

Is it lethal?

How do they handle space combat?

And anything else you wonderful people would like to mention would simply be fantastic.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Grifter, just moving this to the d20 Systems Games forum:
Discuss stand-alone d20 System games like Star Wars, Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Weird Wars, Wheel of Time, Traveller, and Farscape

Voneth

First Post
Darke said:
Any errata in sight?

das Darke

I posted some erratra almost two weeks ago. Here is the thread http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23022

as well as the erratra again.

Farscape erratra, enjoy!
Rob Vaux, the AEG Farscape developer was kind enough to respond to my email about needing some erratra. The questions and answers are below. Rob also says a FAQ is coming and that he is looking for more questions so as to make as complete a document as possible.

Q: The ships in Farscape come in various sizes. Does every ship fit in one hex, regardless of size?

A: We've been operating on the assumption that all ships fit into one hex. It's best that way for simplicity's sake.

Q: Farscape races don't a Favored Class and the book (page 177) says that Defence bonuses are increased per the Players Handbook. So what do multiclass characters do?

A: You simply add the defense bonuses for the pertinent classes together.

Q: Continuity Check: Even in the rpg's episode synopsises, Scropy is noted to have great strength. His write up, however, gives him on a Str 9 and no SQ or power that would let him get a strength boost. What is his strength?

A:'Twas and 'twas utterly my fault. The espisode I had cued up while I
was writing the tsats involved Scorpy without his cooling rods,
flopping about like a landed trout. His Strength should be 18, with
all attendant ability increases.

I agree with Psion's review. If the game had been given just a little more proofreading and a few more powers, this would have been a 5 out of 5.

IMHO, as it is, the game brings some new OGL rules to the table (Control, Powers and varients on ship combat and templates) that provide a DM with a great start to a more generic space opera game.

Acmite

First Post
For those of you that haven't heard, Farscape was suddenly cancelled!

We are making progress in saving the show, but we need more help. Just follow the link in my Sig for more info!

Neo

Explorer
I love the book! and can;t wait to get started on the Campaign I'm planning in a couple of weeks for it.

I was however a little dismayed that despite all the delays that so many editing and similar errors slipped through the net...but they aren't a terminal failing just an annoyance.

Looking forward to more Farscape material from AEG hint hint ;)

Oh one problem I did have is why is the Ships section presented a s ship construction rules part yet no actual rules for making ships are given, merely a description of what the bits on existing ships mean?...not a real problem for me as making ships is something I'm very used too, but it did seem a little odd.

Anyway.....sourcebooks, GM's screen, players guide.... MORE MORE MORE Farscape I say!!!

Remove ads