• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fastest Creatures

Storme

First Post
Hey there.

I'm working on something and...considering my limited D&D books (MM, DMG, PH), I was wondering if anyone could answer this question:

What monsters have the fastest land speeds? Best I've seen is 60' among things like horses, pegasi and the like. Is there anything that can run faster?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Here are a few with swift land speeds:

Legendary Horse (MM2): 80 ft.
Megapede (MM2): 80 ft.
Mountain giant (MM2): 80 ft.
Devastation Scorpion (ELH): 100 ft.
Abomination, Xixecal (ELH): 140 ft.

Mortis

First Post
Shade's covered WotC but you may want to check out the revised Tome of Horrors for the quickling which IIRC has a movement of 240 ft.

Regards
Mortis

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mortis said:
Shade's covered WotC but you may want to check out the revised Tome of Horrors for the quickling which IIRC has a movement of 240 ft.

I still wish our quickling update made it into Dragon before the end. Of all our Creature Catelogue rejections, I consider that "the one that got away".

It was 240 feet as well.

Storme

First Post
All the monsters you mentioned just SOUND cosmic. I'm certain that anything from the Epic Handbook isn't worth discussing.

Anything faster than 60' that's around 7HD or less that's medium or larger?

Storme

Remove ads