• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fastest Race?

Tharkon

First Post
there is a regional feat in one of the forgotten realms books (dont remember which) called fleet of foot. it gives +10 ft but is only available to elves or humans of certain regions iirc. add quick trait and a level of barbarian/ranger/druid avenger etc., and you have 60ft at first level. add monk or other classes and you can get a pretty fast human/elf. no LA no racial hit dice.

Make sure to note that it's the PGtF version of Fleet of Foot since CW has one too, which allows you to change direction when charging.

Add one level of a psionic class to gain access to the Speed of Thought feet.
The baseline is 10ft/3 levels for Monk, anything that achieves more than that is a good deal. That is why catfolk can be a good choice if you're not in Faerun.
Combine the Druidic Avenger with the druid variant a few pages later in UA, and you got a Druid with both the barbarian's and the monk's fast movement abilities built-in. You can be lawful and still rage too :p.

I am not sure if you can gain the Barbarian's multiclass ability 3 times by multiclassing as Druid/Ranger/Barbarian though, but if so then you could get
110ft. with Psion 1/Ranger 1/Barbarian 1/Druid 3 with the Quick trait (UA), Fleet of Foot (PGtF) feat and Speed of Thought (EPH) feet applied to an Elf or Human from the right regions. (I suggest one with Favored class (Druid) or (Any))
Your ECL will be 6, speed will increase by 10 ft. every 3 levels later.
Note that this Druid has lost the ability to wildshape.

Havoc123456

First Post
Make sure to note that it's the PGtF version of Fleet of Foot since CW has one too, which allows you to change direction when charging.

Add one level of a psionic class to gain access to the Speed of Thought feet.
The baseline is 10ft/3 levels for Monk, anything that achieves more than that is a good deal. That is why catfolk can be a good choice if you're not in Faerun.
Combine the Druidic Avenger with the druid variant a few pages later in UA, and you got a Druid with both the barbarian's and the monk's fast movement abilities built-in. You can be lawful and still rage too :p.

I am not sure if you can gain the Barbarian's multiclass ability 3 times by multiclassing as Druid/Ranger/Barbarian though, but if so then you could get
110ft. with Psion 1/Ranger 1/Barbarian 1/Druid 3 with the Quick trait (UA), Fleet of Foot (PGtF) feat and Speed of Thought (EPH) feet applied to an Elf or Human from the right regions. (I suggest one with Favored class (Druid) or (Any))
Your ECL will be 6, speed will increase by 10 ft. every 3 levels later.
Note that this Druid has lost the ability to wildshape.

add in a level of blade dancer from OA for a bonus 30 ft. and by level 20 you could have a speed of 180ft. if i did my math correctly

Tharkon

First Post
add in a level of blade dancer from OA for a bonus 30 ft. and by level 20 you could have a speed of 180ft. if i did my math correctly

The bladedancer class is very badly worded, but technically it does not give a bonus of 30 ft., it changes your speed from 20ft. to 40 ft., 30 ft. to 60 ft or from 40 ft. to 80 ft. it does not list what kind of change this is or when it should be applied, so I guess this is up to the DM.

Imbir

First Post
Or easy way to make intelligent fast character.

Avariel + Air Heritage feat will net you 80 ft flight speed and just take hustle or run action

Havoc123456

First Post
The bladedancer class is very badly worded, but technically it does not give a bonus of 30 ft., it changes your speed from 20ft. to 40 ft., 30 ft. to 60 ft or from 40 ft. to 80 ft. it does not list what kind of change this is or when it should be applied, so I guess this is up to the DM.
i think i saw an errata on OA once that said +30ft at first level.

Last edited:

Tharkon

First Post
Or easy way to make intelligent fast character.

Avariel + Air Heritage feat will net you 80 ft flight speed and just take hustle or run action

Most of the other speed increasers don't work on flight though.

i think i saw an errata on OA once that said +30ft at first level.

I forgot about errata, but I just checked it, and although they made the bladedancer non-chaotic and allowed Enchanted Blade III to choose a I and a II ability, but it doesn't say anything about speed.

Havoc123456

First Post
I forgot about errata, but I just checked it, and although they made the bladedancer non-chaotic and allowed Enchanted Blade III to choose a I and a II ability, but it doesn't say anything about speed.
i could have swore it was in there. but i guess not. i only tried that class once and i think my dm and i decided that it was just easier to do +30 plus 10 per three levels. that might be where i got the +30 flat thought

Tharkon

First Post
i could have swore it was in there. but i guess not. i only tried that class once and i think my dm and i decided that it was just easier to do +30 plus 10 per three levels. that might be where i got the +30 flat thought

Using material from different rulesets always requires some extra thought and houseruling.

Just like you shouldn't just flat-ought put a monster from 3.0 in a 3.5 game without adjusting DR.

In the end all that matters is that everyone at the table is having fun.

Remove ads