• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fat Dragon Games. New Deluxe Tiles.

catsclaw227

First Post
I hope the Fat Dragon Games guy responds and answers this for me. ;)

Will your new Deluxe Edition tiles replace other E-Z Dungeon tiles? Do I need them to work with this, or is this new one a totally standalone product?

And, this is for the fans and customers: How easy is it to build these? I would LOVE to add this whole dimension to my game. But I don't have a ton of time.

Treebore

First Post
I hope the Fat Dragon Games guy responds and answers this for me. ;)

Will your new Deluxe Edition tiles replace other E-Z Dungeon tiles? Do I need them to work with this, or is this new one a totally standalone product?

And, this is for the fans and customers: How easy is it to build these? I would LOVE to add this whole dimension to my game. But I don't have a ton of time.

Its pretty easy to build them, and goes pretty quick when you get experienced and confident with doing it. Spend an hour or two here, another there, and within a week or two you'll have quit a bit built. I would estimate each sheet takes about 20 minutes to cut out and build, after being printed. After cutting its mostly just folding neatly, with a dab of glue here and there. Using a metal ruler and sharp Exacto or similarly sharp blade and cutting goes much faster. Just make darn sure you have your ruler as straight as you think you do. If you want to be able to collapse them back down for compact storage you'll use good clear tape instead.

Edit: Also make sure your cutting on something you don't mind cutting up. IE do not use your nice Dining Table, Coffee Table, etc... Make sure to put something you will not cut through between your knife and the surface you do not want to damage, badly.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Hello! This new Deluxe set is a 'stand alone' product and replaces our previous Basic Set. Other E-Z DUNGEONS sets are compatible with it, but not required in any way They're very easy to construct, we design everything for the beginning card modeler (in fact, my wife and son help with a lot of the promo builds in the photos we post.) Swing by the FDG forums if you'd like to pick the brains of customers who use the product regularly, we have a wonderful group of builders there who really have some great ideas.

Your tiles are looking pretty impressive. I just don't think I'm up for 3-D building at the time (because of lack of just that).

But your 'common' dungeon tiles look very impressive. Is this the tiles included in the deluxe tiles, and if so, all of them?

I'm trying to figure out to get the most bang for my buck! :)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If you are interested in cardstock terrain, I can't recommend these guys strongly enough. High quality product, easy to follow instructions, well designed to be relatively easy to put together. This is good, good stuff. I have mainly moved onto making terrain out of foam, but I still use this for both cardstock terrain, and for just gluing some of the design onto other pieces I've made.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Your tiles are looking pretty impressive. I just don't think I'm up for 3-D building at the time (because of lack of just that).

But your 'common' dungeon tiles look very impressive. Is this the tiles included in the deluxe tiles, and if so, all of them?

I'm trying to figure out to get the most bang for my buck! :)

No, the tiles included in our 2D tile sets are different from our 3D E-Z Dungeons set, there's no crossover files there. Each one is different, so if you get both there is no wasted money.

00Machado

First Post
Hi,

I've already purchased the following sets. Are there things in the new set that I won't already have?

Dungeon ruins, item packs 1 and 2, dungeons basic set, dungeon hazards and traps, caverns, sets 2 & 3

Thanks!

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Yep, tons of new options and all new textures. The new set is an update of the original basic set. It features new pre-built modular designs, new linking options, all new textures, and new items.

Novem5er

First Post
I just wanted to share how happy I am with the EZ-Dungeon tiles (3D terrain), and how happy I am with FDG as a company.

First, the 3D dungeon tiles look great, are easy to put together (if not a little time consuming... but duh!), and my players responded to them with a chorus of "whoa" when I first pulled them out.

Secondly, after buying the EZ-Dungeon Basic set 2 months ago, I just received an email from FDG this weekend that included an e-coupon for getting the new set for just $2. All because I bought their old set within the last 6 months.

That's customer relations at its best. I immediately logged into RPGNow, checked out the new set, and made the purchase. I was just too impressed that a company would give a bonus to existing customers like that.

Thanks a lot, guys! Keep up the good work. I'll try to let people here know how the new tiles work out soon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads