• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fav Book Fonts?

cavetroll

Explorer
I did come across a website where the artist was selling professionally designed fonts but I lost it now. Back to square one so if you were creating a D&Desque type rule book what professional printed fonts would you pick for headings and main text, maybe a nice font for that big letter that starts a chapter?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I would go with Open Font License (OFL) fonts. They're free for commercial use and often as good as the expensive professional stuff. Some don't have the same number of features, but if you take a few minutes to look you can find regular, italic, bold, bold italic, display, text, etc fonts.

A good resource is this site.

Many of the most famous and recognizable fonts are based on old typeset so many people have gone back to the same sources and recreated OFL fonts of many standard favorites.

For particular fonts, almost nothing beats the Caslon and Caslon Antique combo seen in most of the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay games. And no matter how '60-'70s it looks, there's something classic about Souvenir. Must be all that staring at the B/X books.

Remove ads