• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favored class after Reincarnate?

Notmousse

First Post
I've recently been reincarnated (from a Human to a mountain dwarf), but I can not tell if my favored class changes based on the new race I've acquired.

Do you change favored class with a change in race due to Reincarnate?

Actually, a rundown on the entire process would be liked, all I can figure is that I gain 2 con, lose 10' speed, can no longer be slowed by armor, and lose my human racial adjustments.

Dross

Explorer
seans23 said:
you mean your bonus feat and bonus skills? If I were your DM you'd still get those, since they're cultural aspects.

YMMV

I'd have thought that those were racial traits (vision, ability adjustments, skill and feat modifiers and bonuses, etc)

Cultural traits = +'s v vertain foes, skill modifiers.

As for the OP, try this. If a human was raised by moutain dwarfs, think about what you would change. for me it's be the bonus's v certain foes, the craft skills (stonecutting would be an iffy call). I wouldn't change bonus feat and skills.

Favoured class would still be handled as if human (still have a human's adaptive mind). Just like i'd still have a dwarf reincarnated into a human have fighter as his favoured class.

As always, run it by your DM.

Thurbane

First Post
I posted this exact question here (or somewhere else) once before...the concensus seemed to be that your favored class remains the same, in the same way your languages known don't change...

lukelightning

First Post
I'd say the player can choose. While most of the time the player would want to keep the previous favored class, there may be some situations, like a gnome rogue being reincarnated as a half-orc, where you may want to change (in this case you might want to start multiclassing as barbarian). Reincarnate (or, as I call it, retirenicate) is one of those "needs major revision and explanation" spells.

Remove ads