• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite adventures?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
Halfway through the module I announced we were using hero points and action points because otherwise they weren't likely to live to the end.

I introduced action points about 1/3 of the way through Shackled City due to a couple of survivability issues. I'm glad I made that decision because, even though character death still happen, some of the fun stuff that happens just because of the action points is absolutely priceless. I'll be including them in every campaign I run regardless of survivability issues.

I hope that the GM guide Paizo comes out with includes a treatment of action point ideas.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Regarding Crypt of Everflame:

How do you avoid revealing the whole map before they explore it?

I didn't bother!

1) Without actually being in the room and then revealing the monsters, you really don't know what the room has in store.

2) The module is written really well to give you a tour of the whole mat, meaning your're going to get to nearly every room anyway.

And last: My kids watched my mature and immersive roleplayers enough on Sundays they know not to meta-game that sorta stuff! ;)

Awww, now you all have gone and made me blush. Glad folks like "Seven Days."

Seven Days was just damn creepy. So much to do and a good feeling of urgency, it was our favorite from Crimson Throne, be proud man.

-DM Jeff

Serphet

First Post
I have to say, the first module in CotCT is what converted me to PF. It was also my first look a the system.

Mainly the article on varisians is what pulled me... after a year and a half of 4e setting and modules, it was very awkward to have a product feel like the author actually gave a damn.

note: I'm a very recent convert.

Awww, now you all have gone and made me blush. Glad folks like "Seven Days." Personally, though, one of my favs thus far has been "Skeletons of Scarwall" in PF #11 - but I'm a huge gothic horror fan. And I know this is kind of cheating, but "The Six-Fold Trial" coming up in PF #26 is also going to be something really, really special.

The cover alone is worth the price for The Six Fold Trial.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads