• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Anime OP's

ThirdWizard

First Post
horacethegrey said:
Same here, couldn't really finish it because it bored me at times, but I'll be to admit that that opening is excellent. What's the song called BTW?

"The Light Before We Land" by The Delgados. Great great song. Interesting note: the Delgados were a Scottish band (sadly they split up).

I'll put in for:

Rose, the 1st OP to NANA. The music in the series is great.

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni from the anime of the same name. Instantly one of my favorites. Creepy.

19 from xxxHolic was also one of my favorites instantly. I can't help but sing along with it.

Grain is a different kind of song for a different kind of series and is the opening to one of my favorite all time anime series, Monster.

~Asterisk, Bleach's 1st OP, has to be mentioned.

Waltz from Honey and Clover is a fun one. The images are just so weird...

Free Bird is great. Not the rock classic, but the opening to what I consider one of the greatest anime series of all time, Haibane Renmei. In a medium dominated by J-Pop (which I love, don't get me wrong) this really stands out to me.

I can't find a link to "Nanda Kana", the opening to Ebichu the Housekeeping Hamster, which I quite enjoy. I can find links to episodes of which it is a part, but I don't think that there is an episode that I could link to which would not get me banned.

Blood+ has some good OPs, but I especially love the second, Season's Call by HYDE, and the third opening, Colors of the Heart, (mostly for the art on the 3rd OP).

The Fruits Basket OP, For Fruits Basket probably holds more sentimentalism for me than anything else, but I'll include it anyway.

I want to see an entire series animated in the style of Tokyo Underground's 1st OP, Jounetsu.

The Sacred Moon. Love it, from Tsukihime Lunar Legend.

Lastly, I know this is a thread for OPs, but you just can't not mention the Melancholy of Suzumaru's ED, Hare Hare Yukai! The popularity of that one is staggering. To be somewhat fair, I'll throw in the OP, Koi no Mikuru Densetsu.

Okay, I lied. I leave you with, To All Tha Dreamers, the 2nd ED to Yakitate Japan.

Kaodi

Hero
I am kind of partial to the sound of Haruka Kanata, the 2nd season opener of Naruto, but when I saw the meaning of the lyrics... kind of left something to be desired. That's OK though, I remember sounds, not lyrics to songs, and I like the sound. It is also by Asian Kung Fu Generation.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Kaodi,

Lyrics don't matter when the song kicks ass. ;) Kung Fu Generation does some great songs. Naruto 2nd opening and the 4th one for FMA.

Kaodi

Hero
The only thing that disappoints me is that Full Metal Alchemist is going to take several more seasons to finish! I want to get a chance to watch that " Most Satisfying Conclusion Ever To An Anime Series " !

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Kaodi said:
The only thing that disappoints me is that Full Metal Alchemist is going to take several more seasons to finish! I want to get a chance to watch that " Most Satisfying Conclusion Ever To An Anime Series " !

Huh, I thought it was over already? I have seen all 51 episodes and the movie. Is there more?

Remove ads