• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Campaign setting

caudor

Adventurer
Starman said:
Diamond Throne is Monte Cook's campaign for Arcana Unearthed.

I have been blown away by Midnight since its release. I have read the whole thing once with many individual parts two or three times since its release. It has easily become my favorite published setting.

Starman

Thanks Starman...I had heard about Arcana Unearthed, but didn't realize a new campaign would be part of the deal. Pretty neat.

I'm getting my copy of Midnight tomorrow (there's a book signing in Arlington). I can't wait to read it myself.

GrayIguana

First Post
Age of Ankris

Well that's the name of my homebrew and I'm a little biased about it being my favorite.

The more I read about Scarred Lands the more I really like that campaign setting. I finally picked up the first Creature Catalogue and was very pleased.

I've been hearing a lot about Midnight. Who publishes this setting and where can I read a bit more about it?

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Forgotten Realms. I've really liked it since I first picked up the old 1st edition Grey Box set, way back when. My first game world was Greyhawk and I still have fond memories of it, but haven't played in Greyhawk in years. While I loved the Dragonlance trilogy, I just couldn't get into Dragonlance as a campaign setting.

About 15 years ago I ran a campaign in a home-brew world based on the music of Led Zeppelin and Rush. That was lots of fun, back then.

Add Ravenloft. I had forgotten about that (how could I?). We played in Ravenloft quite a bit early in 2e and really, really enjoyed it. My players really, really hated Goblyns.

Last edited:

maddman75

First Post
Ravenloft - I've been in love with it for a decade. Don't get to run it a lot - everyone likes straight fantasy. Plus there's a lot more RP and character development while my group wants to kill things and take their stuff.

Gator

First Post
Forgotten Realms: It's a classic and fairly easy to just pick up and run.

Dark Sun: I wish I could find a good coversion for this

Al-Qadim: Also wish I could find a conversion for this

And one that I'm currently writing and hopefully will release one day (I'm on book 15. About 400pgs per book)

Shemeska

Adventurer
*gasp of shock and horror followed by a look of disdain*

All these posts, and not a mention of the be all and end all of campaign settings... Planescape! :D

*resigned shake of head* I would think there would be some cutters of taste on these boards, but all I find apparently are berks of the lowest sort.

Surely someone agrees with me! I would be quite predisposed to any who did, and who's to say what the future holds, but unfortunate accidents tend to happen to those who displease me. *grins and bares fangs*

;)

Remove ads