• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Character...

I'll exclude my current, simply because my current character is always my favorite. So, looking back through the past...

Hrothrak Redhammer, the dwarven bard.

My first 3e character. He was a bit pompous and wordy, but had a good heart. He got to travel the planes (something I always enjoy), collected magic treasures long lost to his people, and managed to even reclaim a lost dwarven stronghold for his own, defeating the behir that stalked its halls. He retired happily to rule his new kingdom.

werk

First Post
CronoDekar said:
In my campaign he played an ooze genasi (custom race) wizard going oozemaster who worshipped the drow ooze god Ghuanadaur :)
Go, Go, Ghaunadaur! Best drow diety ever! Wiki-link

Fave from 3.5
The Tobbacco Ranger-a mighty human with a face like a cinderblock, a fist in his off-hand, and a real nicotene problem.

gamecat

Explorer
Maru Schbeiker, Female Human Wizard 8.

She started as a blaster mage in a hack'n'slash game. Social tensions ruptured our gaming group, and what started as an undead battle game became a serious rpg, and Maru became a study in human social defense mechanisms.

Plus, she's hot. \oo/_

Easy question...

Ellios Bitsbuy "Bix" Theofile: Human Bard/Sorcerer (with some celestial blood for flavor, no game effects)
Bix was a happy go lucky, devil may care bard who slept in the nude, played a mean fiddle, and had a crush on another party member. His eyes glowed purple and his hair would stand on end and seem to throw off sparks when he cast sorcerer spells. He always looked out for himself first, which meant that he was walking around with the most powerful magic weapon in the party (a magic longsword) that he wasn't even proficient in using. He also had several other items that could have been put to better use by other party members, but hey, nobody ever asked for them. :) At various times he was both loved and hated (by the other players, not just their PCs). He was always a bit behind the other PCs in level as a result of trying to take out a wight single handedly and getting nailed for 2 negative levels, but he never let that stop him from getting himself into situations he shouldn't be in-especially front line combat. Not a good place to be when you are using a whip and a sword you have a penalty with, and leather armor.

Henry

Autoexreginated
My current character is overtaking my former favorite. Khanha'tash, a kalashtar Psion, is a pragmatist leaning towards good deeds, but is unafraid to do rather morally questionable things if they further his search for Psionic power. He's currently taken a fascination with making people like him, whether by charm or by Psionic force of will, and is quick to attempt a subtle charm or suggestion power if you appear to be lying to him. It hasn't gotten him in trouble yet, but I have a feeling that day is coming. :)

Imret

First Post
This is, fortunately, an easy one.

Kazuu, wild elf paladin. Saved from death by the Call when his settlement was destroyed by raiders, he set off with a spear and some leather armor and an elk. While the elk was his mount, I think he might have gotten onto it twice.

"Kazuu and elk are friends. Kazuu does not make his friends carry him unless he is dead."

It's worth noting his entries in Languages were Wild Elven, Orcish, Common (barely). Great fun to play, since I was given a bit more free reign - he was a paladin living by the code as wild elves would understand it. He still executed captured brigands by the roadside, but he sang a dirge for their souls and insisted on carrying their corpses into a tree for the scavengers himself.

Aeric

Explorer
I think my favorite 3.x character has to be Aydia, the elven wizard I played in a RttToEE campaign. She was raised by humans and had no contact with elves until she was an adolescent. She had a messed-up sense of time, since everyone she knew grew old and died so much quicker than she did. Leaving home, she tried fitting in with a local community of elves, but found that she couldn't cope with their way of life either. So she became an adventurer. Alas, the campaign was such that none of her background ever came up, but it was a fun challenge figuring out how a character like that would be affected psychologically. There was no real roleplaying in that campaign, but Aydia was the first wizard I had ever played, so it was a nice change from the usual paladins and clerics. And since the game ran for two years, I was able to evolve her "look" over time, which is always fun.

Nyaricus

First Post
i have 3 favourites . . .hard to chose just one out of them.

In first place - Grugni Ironfist - a redo of a AD&D character with a religious twist. Was a devout worshipper of Clangeddin Silverbeard, and was a Fighter 6/Pious Templar 4. Had a bunch of great adventures in and around the Sword Coast - he himself was a newcomer from The Spine of the World. Another dwarf in the party was his thunder twin, so there was plenty of RPing going on there. Had a Power Attack/Cleave/Great Cleave chain and a *nice* +1 Battleaxe of Frost. Had an amazing amount of fun with him :D

In second place - Ramas the War-priest - A Fighter 2/Cleric 7. He started his career as Ramas the Warrior, a fighter in Mulhorandi's army. He rose up a few ranks and was given a troop of warriors under his command. He participated in the Mulhorandi-Unther War but was almost killed after he caught a spy - and was back-stabbed by another spy who snuck up behind them. His troops, upon finding him, quickly called clerics of Anhur, the god who was sending Mulhorands army into Unthers' weaking empire. The clerics administered to Ramas but he still had to be sent home to his home in Sculd to recuperate. The same clerics that healed him after the attack accompanied Ramas throughout his whole trip home, and taught him the greater glory of Anhur. When he was well enough, he took up the priestly ways, and became a warrior-priest.

As you can tell, i had a really good back story - too bad my Dm was incimpetant and didn't work in ANYONES backstory into the camnpaign. Ramas was still a blast to play, and i really enjoyed him.

In Third, the oddball - Tsar'urg the Priest - a Gray Orc who had many great adventures in the Unapproachable East. Was a Figher 1/Cleric 3, with a +2 Falcata (a neat short-sword like weapon from Earths Middle East). He was the character before Ramas, and was a sort of template which i based Ramas off of - again, a warrior priest. But he was fun in and of itself, because of Gray Orcs weird stigma about being "sorta-nice-orcs-but-we-still-don't-like-you" kinda guy. Oh, that and the fact that he was a worshipper of Lathander. :p:lol:

Yeah, i like my fighters . . .what can i say :shrugs:

So far in 3rd -

Tothan "Quickfist" Thunnakulathi - a Golatith Gestalt Monk (10) Fighter/Kensai. He has been a blast to play. I've always wanted to play the kick butt martial artist in D&D and this particular combo has let me. Has a fun personality.

The other one was a character I designe to try and break the system - when 3rd came out it said you could do anything, so I tried. Rhisandela - Half Celestial Half Dragon Paladin / Cleric. This was a charcter that was LG down to genetics, and it was fun playing her, and having her learn that other people don't have that same kind of moral certitude. Once the LAs were finally settled down she actually wasn't that tough compared to the Human ranger NPC in the party.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads