• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Class

Borthos

First Post
So i see all these threads about suggestions with this class, help me with this build, etc etc. I have a couple threads like that on here as well.

SO, I was wondering what is everyone's top 3-5 favorite classes to PLAY and what do people think the top 3-5 most powerful classes out there are? Wizard barred, because that's freakin obvious. And i'm talkin base classes here, no PrC, please.

This thread is just for fun, I don't want people arguing over w/e I'm just curious to see people's opinions on classes.

Here are mine:
top 3 favorite:
1. Dragon Shaman. Love the flavor of this guy, even tho it lacks power.
2. Scout. Love the concept of the Skirmish class feature, and wish they'd do more for the good ol' boy.
3. Shadowcaster. The idea of understanding shadow and casting it like you and it are one is a cool concept, even though i feel the class lacks power.

I don't have an opinion on the most powerful because I haven't played that long so I wanna hear your opinions.

irdeggman

First Post
My favorites:

1. Warlock - just cool theme wise

2. Soulknife - psionic without being psionic (as in no powers) and I've always liked that mindblade theme

3. Bard - because they are just friggin' fun to play

These are definitely not the 3 most powerful classes, most consider them lower powered.

3 most powerful (not in any order)

1. psion

2. druid

3. warmage - for pure offensive power (offensive spell ability of a sorcerer and still some martial prowess)

Jhaelen

First Post
My top three favorite classes are:

1. Psion - the sorcerer done right; also happens to be a very powerful class
2. Scout - the ranger done right; also very fun outside of combat, but not particularly powerful
3. Warblade - the fighter done right; can also be quite powerful ;)

As you can see I enjoy playing classes in all roles except healer/supporter (or in 4e lingo: leader). I love variety and have a tendency to play against types.

Last edited:

darbythegambler

First Post
My favorites go a little like this:
1. Artificer, because I love tinkering
2. Psion, I was the first in my group to understand psionics
3. Warblade, all because of iron heart surge
4. Duskblade, may not be the best, but damn they look cool
5. Knight, good memories are tied with this class and hilarity involving a knight, a fighter, and the "semi-samurai"

most powerful I won't get into, since from my experience, it's all about the player and not the class

krupintupple

First Post
1. warlock - loved the flavour ever since they first came out. that my wife plays one has absolutely nothing to do with it ;)

2. hexblade - ditto to the above - such a flavourful class. i <3 the fix too.

3. psionics/incarnum - not really a class per se, but i love the "alternate" systems of powers, spells and abilities.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Favorites:

• Soulknife
  • Battle Sorcerer
  • Monk
  • Cleric
  • Ranger
  • PsyWar
Hon. Mention: Shadowcaster, Paladin, Divine Mind

Most powerful barring Wizard:

• Druid
  • Cleric
  • Sorcerer
  • Psion

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Favorite classes:

Binder - Good powers, great flavor.
Warblade - Finally, a melee dude who's useful through 20th level.
Swordsage - Like a Monk, but awesomer.
Spellthief - Such a cool idea, but so terribly underpowered.
Cloistered Cleric - Take the Trickery domain, and become the goddamn pacifist Batman! Perfect for a stealthy game in a party with a Beguiler, Scout, and Ranger.

Most powerful classes:

Druid.
Cleric.
Sorcerer.

The_Ditto

First Post
Favourites:

1) Wilder (but I dislike the actual mechanics .. *sigh*)
2) Scout
3) Psion
4) Wizard

Most powerful:

1) Druid (covers all bases .. )
2) Cleric (domains, divine metamagic, full caster, armor, etc ..)
3) Wizard (I though it worth listing, because "freakin obvious" that it's #1 ? isn't at all obvious ... ;)
4) Psion

Cheers!

Borthos

First Post
Favourites:

1) Wilder (but I dislike the actual mechanics .. *sigh*)

What is a Wilder? never come across one in the books i've read, from what i remember anyway.

And from what i've heard from most of the DMs i know, the Wizard is the most troubling class to deal with, and only one of them has said the druid is crazy broken, and that's because he makes the most badass druids possible. So that's why i put it's obvious for the wizard. I was not aware of how powerful a druid could really be, because not a lot of players i know can make a good build of one

Remove ads