• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite D&D Class?

Herschel

Adventurer
1E: Ranger/Cleric, Paladin
2E: Fighter/Thief (Wayfinder kit)
3E: Dervish (Fighter/Barbarian)
4e: Swordmage, Warlord, Battle Cleric (STR-based), Bard (Prescient)

Orius

Legend
Edition doesn't matter because the class was always in all of them. The class of many names. The pinnacle of Tier 1.

WIZARD

tuxgeo

Adventurer
None. I have more of a predilection for ranged weapons than for any particular class. Examples:

my Dwarf Wizard carries 2 throwing hammers (yep: wizard with STR = INT);
my Human Slayer (greataxe) carries 2 throwing hammers;
my Human (3.5E) Fighter (heavy mace) carries 2 throwing hammers;
my Elf Bard carries a sling despite having ranged magic;
my Elf Cleric carries a Longbow despite having laser-like powers;
my Human (sentinel) Druid carries a sling;
my Human (hybrid) Cleric/Druid carries a sling;
my Human (insightful) Warlord carries 2 handaxes;
my Human (storm) Sorceress carries 2 daggers;
my Human Rogues, "Snake" and "Bamboo," carry daggers, X-bows, etc.;
my Razorclaw Shifter Hybrid Sentinel Druid/Invoker carries dagger & sling; and so forth.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to be a player in all of my many years of gaming. However, if I would have played I would have likely picked a guy who could be a man...a bear...and a cat. Or maybe a Wizard. Or a Warlock. Hard bargains with otherworldly powers has all kinds of oomph to it.

Dwimmerlied

First Post
I remember how excited I was to discover the Beguiler some years ago. I've been wanting to play a gnome Beguiler ever since, but haven't as yet had the opportunity. Other than that, Fochluchan Lyrist (if prestige classes qualify), and fighter/rogues (or admixtures of their class features) because I think that they reflect the quintessential adventurer.

Remove ads