• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

favorite fantasy-based cartoons?

fba827

Adventurer
Re: Re: favorite fantasy-based cartoons?

Horacio said:

Curious you say that, because the guy wrot wrote the scripts for the series is a regular poster here, jonrog1, and he has two wonderful story hours running in the story hour forum...

The only reason I said that is because it is based in what is supposed to be the "real world" as opposed to an entire fantasy setting as the others in the list have been. That's the only reason I said it was not as "strong" in this catagory as the others (the statement was not based on the shows personal merits -- I rather like the show a lot!). Sorry if it came off the wrong way in the context of my statement.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
My take on fantasy cartoons--

Mighty Max was cool- It had dragons and everything. The teleporter things were just cool. I like how it was kind based off a math formula. The bird new the formula and were ever he was he could figure were and when to go.

Galtar- Man thats old. The Golden lance and also that bird thing he rode around on.

Conan the Adventurer was cool as hell.

Pirates of Darkwater- For somereason this show always reminded me of Earthdawn more than anything else.

Thundarcats- Always fun to watch.

Gargoyles- Liked that. I personally liked how almost every cast member for Star Trek the Next Generation did vioce camoes on the show.

Visionaries- I still have 2 of the hologram banner things from them, not the figs just the banners.

Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon- Duh!!

Mechwarrior- Anybody remember this short lived cartoon. All I remember from it was they were fighting the clans.

Thundarr the Barbarian- I liked this show too. We were playing the red box set of D&D and my fighter Kendar was looking for the Sunsword. The DM didn't have any adventures, campaigns or even and inkling of letting me find it but everywhere I traveld too I would ask everybody if they new anything about it. None would now but it never stopped me.

I don't remeber the name of the cartoon but it was based on King Arthurs legend. A bunch of football players were sent to a fantasy world by Merlin to defeat Mordred.

Prince Valiant cartoon- I liked this one too. It used to be on the Family Channel.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Dagger75 said:

I don't remeber the name of the cartoon but it was based on King Arthurs legend. A bunch of football players were sent to a fantasy world by Merlin to defeat Mordred.

Prince Valiant cartoon- I liked this one too. It used to be on the Family Channel.

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice series, Bohbot Entertainment, 1992 -- King Arthur And The Knights Of Justice was originally part of the syndicated Sunday cartoon block called Amazin' Adventures. Since King Arthur had been sent off, Merlin decides to find a replacement. He gets Arthur King, a college football hero, along with his team the New York Knights and send them back to the days of the orignal King Arthur. The series was a Golden Films/Le Centre Nationale de la Cinematographie Production in association with Bohbot Entertainment and premiered on September 13, 1992.

http://epguides.com/KingArthurandKnightsofJustice/ has an episode list, and links where you can order tapes.

Enchantress

First Post
Record of Lodoss War
Slayers
Sorcerer Hunters
Dragoon

*possibly*
Those who hunt elves
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Princess Myu
Devil Hunter Yoko

*my, lots of 'hunters' don't ya think?*

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Re: Re: Re: favorite fantasy-based cartoons?

fba827 said:

The only reason I said that is because it is based in what is supposed to be the "real world" as opposed to an entire fantasy setting as the others in the list have been. That's the only reason I said it was not as "strong" in this catagory as the others (the statement was not based on the shows personal merits -- I rather like the show a lot!). Sorry if it came off the wrong way in the context of my statement.

I didn't take it as a critic to the show, in fact I found very accurate when you said "I just enjoy it and enough of the fantasy element is there to make me think of it as an rpg stroyline", because the author is a roleplayer, and wanted to point that out :D

redknight

First Post
Galaxy Rangers
Voltron (The Lions not the cars)
G Force
Danget Mouse
Thundarr
Spaaaaaace Ghost
The Superfriends with the Legion of Doooooom!
Blue Falcon and Dynomutt

The dudes that were pals of space ghost and rode space motorcycles

The superhero team that included Baby-man, the Chicken and String man.

Last edited:

Deedlit

First Post
Note: Due to a lack of watching cartoons that are not transformers series, the shows on the list are all anime.
Record of Lodoss War(How could I not mention this, considering my username)
Slayers(This is so hilarious)
Monster Rancher
El Hazard
Digimon Adventure 01(02 wasn't nearly fantasyish enough, and tamers in addition to not being sci-fi also wasn't any good)

Remove ads