• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Movie Entrance

Velenne

Explorer
I gotta throw a vote in for The Crow's cathedral entrance toward the end of the movie. No, it wasn't the first time you saw the character but man did he look pissed.

I also loved the first time you got to see the Predator. At the time those special effects were cutting edge and he just materialized from his light-bending camo and you were like OMG HELP ME!

Or the Alien for that matter.... pepto anyone?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Gnarlo said:
Frank'n'furter coming down the elevator in Rocky Horror

this was my first thought when I saw the thread title. "Don't scream, janet!"

While he didn't so much enter as be entered upon, I'd have to say hanibal lectors introduction in silence of the lambs kicked a lot of understated character defining ass. I'm actually very fond of character "entrances" where they've actually been there quietly the whole time and then you realize their significance. They don't often do those well in movies though. :(

Kahuna Burger

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Vader in a SW: New Hope, the stark contrast in black and white was well done, it screamed this is the bad guy, he did not have to do anything but walk into the corridor.

Jack Sparrow's is very good, it sets the stage for the movie, that this is a :):):):) sure guy that comes out on top but has issues getting there.

Openings of every BOND movie.

Last edited:

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Jet Li's entrance as Wong Fei Hong in Deadly China Hero aka Last Hero in China.

Opening sequence of Jackie Chan's Police Story. An entire shanty town was built just so it could have cars driven through it. Also it has the original scene that Tango and Cash copied.

Tequila's gunfight at the teahouse in Hard Boiled.

More agreement with the opening of Blade and Vader's appearance.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Do I have to pick just one?

- Silence of the Lambs: The pan-reveal of Hannibal Lecter standing in his cell.

- Nosferatu: Count Orlock springing up from his coffin.

- Boondock Saints: The Saints in their church. A perfect set-up for the rest of the film.

- Bride of Frankenstein: The Bride revealed.

- - Pulp Fiction: The Gimp.

My favorite movie entrance of all time:

- The Big Lebowski: The Jesus. All others pale in comparison.

End of discussion.

RedShirtNo5

First Post
I'll also go with Vader as the most memorable single character introduction.

My award for best ensemble introduction:

Silverado. Four characters, four quick introductions showing the gunslinging style for each character.

When I first heard that a D&D movie was being made, I was really hoping that the director would copy this introduction format, with a quick scene for each of the 4 characters (fighter, wizard, rogue, cleric) to strut their stuff. Sigh.

-RedShirt

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Darth Maul's entrance at the end of Ep 1. Despite my numerous complaints about the movie, this one scene of him standing there with his black cloak when the blast doors open almost redeems the entire movie.

Superman's first appearance in the original Superman movie when he saves Lois from the helicopter. "Damn! Thats a bad outfit! Whoa!"

And then again in Superman 2 when he confronts Zod floating outside the office window of the Daily Planet building after having gotten his powers back. "Would you care to step outside?"

Batman in the first movie when he drops the punks on the roof. "Tell all your friends about me."

Yoda's entrance in Clones when he confronts Dooku. I actually cheered in the theater. Dork that I am :)

Neo's entrance in the office building from Matrix 1 when he rescues Morpheus.

There's many more but those are off the top of my head.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads