• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Snacks?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Torm said:
No offense, but if I remember your age correctly, you probably don't know the half of it.

Ever notice how the bags say "Nacho Cheesier" and have since about 1990? Ever wonder, "cheesier than what?" They used to say "Nacho Cheese" and back then, Doritos had their own cheese powder that was awesome. But around '90, they changed them so they could use the same cheese powder as Cheetos as a [sneer] cost cutting measure [/sneer], and changed it to "Cheesier".

Periodically, I can still remember the taste of the old chips and get a craving that can never be fulfilled. :mad:

Thank you for explaining that. I never figured out why I loved them so very, very much, but after college, not so much. Glad to know there was a reason other than "growing up."

[eats a few more Pepperidge Farms Goldfish. Mmmmm]

fusangite

First Post
I like lots of snack foods: various kinds of pate, almost every kind of cheese, salt and vinegar potato chips, Hawkins cheesies, celery sticks with blue cheese mayonaise dip, hummus, tzatziki, melitzano, moroccan olives, soya sauce roased almosts, salted peanuts, Mexican bean dip with tortilla chips... the list just goes on.

If I had to pick a favourite, I think it would be stilton cheese on crackers or just by itself.

Actually I very rarely snack. Basically the only time is the 2-3 days after I throw a party and I have a bunch of snack food around the house. The rest of the time I only eat at mealtimes except for the occasional bag of peanuts I pick up in a subway station.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I don't often snack either, but when I do, pistachios are one of my favorites. And I agree with the person upthread who posted the image of Cape Cod potato chips. They are the absolute best chips I've ever tasted. For a long time you couldn't get them in the midwest, but now they are available here and there. I don't buy them often, but once every few months I succumb to that crunchy, salty goodness. :)

When my group games, we typically all contribute dishes that combine to make an actual meal. Now and then, though, we're all too busy to do elaborate cooking, and then we do snack in lieu of eating a meal while we game.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Brownies of Deliciously Decadent Chocolatey Death.
1 box of brownie mix prepared as directed up until you are about to put it into the oven.
1 bag of chocolate chips mixed into batter
1/2 jar of peanut butter mixed in.
chocolate frosting mixed in.
bake for 3/4 of listed time (so they are still slightly gooey in the middle)

Cover with fresh whipped cream (whip it yourself--not that spray crap or industrial chemical cool-whip, and add chocolate syrup and cinnamon to the cream as well as cream of tartar as you beat it).

Remove ads