• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

favorite spells

focallength

First Post
personally I love alter self, all the benefits of change self (only better) and you can fly, dig, swim...etc...just give your self some knowledge in the different types of humanoids (so you can have some justification for knowing about aquatic elves and other humanoid races) one of my favorite is simply turning into a halfling and manipulating your skin color to match the surroundings, black, green, tan, blue, etc... gives great bonuses to hide, all kinds of cool stuff you can do with this spell, want to fly become a winged elf.

focallength

First Post
and grease is a blast, grease the handle of the great axe, grease the ground under some opponents caught in a net (lets see you try to break out now) or someone charging you, grease on the hands of a spell caster (cant hold onto components) tons o' fun.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Unseen servant.

Can make a nice distraction - we had one push coins, one at a time, off a ledge. Kept a stupid creature amused long enough for us to sneak past. Better than an illusion, because it's real. :)

They're fun for delivering stuff. Like Delayed Blast Fireballs. Or Holly Berry Fire Seeds.

Plus they do your housework.

All in all, a great little spell.

DMH

First Post
Favorite name for a spell- Explode, You Wretch! (if target dies, it explodes)

Favorite noncombat spell- Theophrastic Compass (permanent spell that makes 2 objects point to each other)

Both are from Plain Brown Wrapper Games (pdfs) in Blasphemous Secrets and Forbidden Lore and Even More Blasphemeous Secrets and Forbidden Lore. All 3 have humorous and usefull spells.

Corsair

First Post
Favorite spells:

0th: Prestidigitation - I like my sorcerers clean and pretty. :)
1st: Charm Person - I like non-combat solutions to problems. :)
2nd: Glitterdust - Multipurpose means its great for sorcerers.
3rd: Dispel Magic - REQUIRED!
4th: Phantasmal Killer - Sure its not the most powerful due to two saves and being mind affecting AND a fear effect, but its the first true save or die spell I ever successfully cast. As such, it holds a dear place in my heart.
5th: Baleful Polymorph - Or as my group calls it: Bunnymorph
6th: Disintegrate - How can you NOT love disintegrate?
7th: Blasphemy/Holy Word/Word of Chaos/Dictum - I like variable effect spells. :)
8th: Polymorph any Object - In my group, it's "pebblemorph"
9th: Shapechange/Wish - This one is a tie. Both offer great versatility.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads