Favourite D&D Adventure?

painandgreed

First Post
G/D/Q series. Narrowed down to D3 if needed but mostly because of many things, especially leftover encounters from D1 that happened in the city. It was one of the first serious campaigns I ran and the first time I went for heavy role play attitude. The players loved it and were still talking about it years later (and one even constantly said it was the best campaign he'd ever been in).

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Iron Captain said:
What is your favourite D&D adventure? I don't mean which one do you think is the best, but which brings back the best memories and makes you smile just thinking about it?

Old Time? Secret of Bone Hill

New Era? Tomb of Abysthor

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Iron Captain said:
What is your favourite D&D adventure? I don't mean which one do you think is the best, but which brings back the best memories and makes you smile just thinking about it?
Castle Amber, hands down. Had more laughs over the years running that little nugget of goodness than any other. That said, Ravenloft, Egg of the Phoenix and the Desert of Desolation trilogy are cage-fighting each other for second place.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I have a special place in my heart for B1 In Search of the Unknown; Secret of Bone Hill; the Slavers series; and Desert of Desolation.

replicant2

First Post
A4, In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords. I ran this WAY back in the day, and it's probably the best experience I ever had running a published module. We used the pre-gen characters in the back. For those who don't know the players start off as captives, wearing loincloths and with no weapons or gear.

I still vividly recall the players fighting their way through the underground caverns, revelling when they found a rusty dagger or bone-tipped spear, and finally emerging to find the town in flames, lacedons attacking the townsfolks, and the Slave Lords making their escape in the chaos. I remember the grins on the players' faces as they found their cache of stolen weapons in the ship's hold. And then the final battle on the docks and the escape from the burning village. There was a palpable hatred for the Slave Lords amongst my players and revenge was never sweeter.

Remove ads