• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favourite fluff jobs

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'll get this started. :)

The bard in our 4e campaign has refluffed most of his powers to be based in shadow magic. I think the coolest one he's come up with so far is for Wail of Anguish: the targets' own shadows rise up, leer at them menacingly, and wrap themselves around their throats, trying to strangle them.

Wik

First Post
Gah. That bard is a pain in the butt. He's also great fun. :)

I like the general refluffling that is beginning to go on in my current campaign, but I'm just the GM. Most of my refluffing is pretty standard stuff - turning an iron dragon into a giant spider, for example, or the fact that the super weird drow aberrations my PCs have been fighting were "actually" (at various times) Shadar-Kai gloomblades, Giant Sharks (yes, Sharks - with the swim speed replaced), and Dire Tigers.

Mengu

First Post
Here is my wintervoker of the Raven Queen fluff.

At-Will
Avenging Light- "With queen's light, vengeance flows, in darkest blight, our hope grows!"
Vanguard's Lightning - "Storm of Winter, shadow frightening, endless power, dancing lightning!"
Hand of Radiance - "Queen's, Icy, Shards!" (each word uttered as I point to a different target)

Encounter:
Second Wind - Winter's Rejuvenation (a thin fog surrounds me)
CD: Rebuke Undead - "Remains of the dead, hear the call of the pale beyond!"
CD: Armor of Wrath - "You will fear the wrath of the Raven Queen!" (Stomp staff)
Hunter's Quarry - "The Queen comes for you!" (point to enemy)
Thunder of Judgement - "Recoil from the Thunder, of, Judgement!" (last three words uttered as I point to three different targets)
Divine Call - "Obey the winds of winter!" (wind sucks allies toward me)
Sun Hammer - "Ice Burn!"
Rain of Blood (x2) - "Hail Storm!"
Spot the Path - Path of Winter
Destined for Greatness - Winter's Saving Grace
Viper Belt - Protection of the frozen wasteland

Daily:
Silent Malediction - (Lips move, but all you can hear is thunder)
Searing Orb - "Icy Glare!"
Astral Step - "Clouds low, Cover of Snow!" (a chilling cloud rolls in, I shout a few names and directions, and when it clears everyone is in a new spot)
Fourfold Invocation of Doom - "The Eternal Fount, the Revered Spirit, Glory of Past, and Queen of Death, hear our voices and grasp the hearts of our enemies!" (the chant sounds like a chorus)

Wepwawet

Explorer
Twinkle, the Fairy Warlock:
- Glitter Walk (instead of shadow walk) when the warlock moves more than 3 squares, he becomes so bright, shiny and pink that all enemies are ofuscated, granting him concealment.
- "Feel my rod of power!": all spells manifest in pink shiny dust, these are the magic words (obviously, his implement of choice is a Rod)
- Fey pact boon: when he teleports, he reappears in the campest pose possible.

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
I'm going to be playing in a 4e Eberron game soon, and my character is a hybrid Warlord | Artificer, Gestalt ranger. (We're using a house-rule option called gestalting to make "Elite PCs" using the class templates, 'cause we've only got 3 players.)

Anyways, despite having two strength-based classes, his strength is an 8. Both warlord and ranger have powers that command others to make attack rolls, so I can get away with it. I took Beast Mastery, and I'm flavoring it as a homunculus that I fight with. Everything I have involves directing it about the field and either making it attack or attacking along with it.

So I have the epitome of a battleficer, with the homunculus I've wanted to run with since 3e.

Wepwawet

Explorer
Karim is my Warden/Swordmage. As a nature warrior, his Swormage Warding manifests as floating sand around him concentrating on a shield when he s attacked.
Also, around him the sand, grass and bushes seem to be moving when he's fighting. The sand flows over the enemies feet and legs, and vegetation tries to entangle them, grabbing them when they try to move or attack a companion. That's how he "marks".

I use all the other powers as-is, because i like the general description.

eriktheguy

First Post
I actually created an attorney character and renamed/re-fluffed all his powers to sound like legal terminology. He's a hybrid paladin/cleric minotaur

At-wills:
Divine Challenge (mark)
Renamed to "file charges"

Holy Strike (attack that does extra bonus against marked enemies)
Renamed to "verdict" (verdict applies damage to those with charges filed against them)

Righteous brand (attack that gives an ally a bonus to attack against the target)
Renamed to "Arrest Warrant" (warrant for target's arrest helps allies to attack it)

Encounters:
Mighty Hew (attack that interrupts an enemy attack to prevent damage by half)
Renamed to "OBJECTION!" (obvious reference)

Dailies:
Paladin's Judgement (attack damages enemy and heals ally)
renamed to "Lawsuit" (when one party wants money from another)

Maleketh

First Post
A druid in one of my games has Swarming Locusts but isn't a swarm-shifter. He's reskinned the power to one that looses his lupine beast form's teeth into a cloud of swarming fangs.

Remove ads