• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FCtF - Size Shift mass question

reapersaurus

Explorer
After carefully reading the SizeShift superpower, it states
Remember that you carrying capacity does not change, nor do your ability scores, speed, etc.
Hey, I accidentally found another typo! :) (the you should be youR)

But if your carrying capacity doesn't increase, than what about the increased mass from changing from, say, Medium-size to Gangantuan?

I'm guessing that your weight and mass stay the same, contrary to physics? (which is fine - it doesn't have to be true to physics)

Last edited:

reapersaurus said:
After carefully reading the SizeShift superpower, it states Hey, I accidentally found another typo! :) (the you should be youR)

But if your carrying capacity doesn't increase, than what about the increased mass from changing from, say, Medium-size to Gangantuan?

I'm guessing that your weight and mass stay the same, contrary to physics? (which is fine - it doesn't have to be true to physics)

Hmm. Interesting thought. I'd say that you mass would not change, since this is easiest from a rules standpoint. But then if a kobold becomes Colossal somehow, he'd end up having a density of less than air, probably. A giant kobold kite.

I might say there's something of a partial mass increase, to account for you not being blown away in the wind, without giving you extra damage, but overall, I don't think the mass should change.

But then again, now I have an idea for making the power a little more flexible in version 2.

Remove ads