• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fear the Boot RPG podcast launches interview series with guest Ryan Dancey

FearTheBoot

First Post
[imager]http://www.feartheboot.com/images/boot4_cropped.jpg[/imager]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FEAR THE BOOT PODCAST LAUNCHES INTERVIEW SERIES WITH GUEST RYAN DANCEY

February 9, 2007 (St. Louis, Missouri) — RPG podcast Fear the Boot has launched a new Interview Series in addition to their regular, weekly podcasts. The first episode in the new series features a 1-hour conversation with Hobby Gaming Industry veteran Ryan Dancey, regarding his experiences within the industry, research into the gaming demographic, and the future of tabletop games.

“Since starting this podcast,” said Dan Repperger, founder and host of Fear the Boot Podcast, “Fear the Boot has made contact with quite a few professionals in the gaming market. Rather than mixing Industry topics into our regular show, or letting these opportunities go to waste, we decided to start a new interview series where we could make the most of these contacts and the information about the hobby they have to share.”

Interview Series episodes will be released periodically through the Fear the Boot feed. The current roster of future guests includes people in various roles within the Hobby Gaming Industry, as well as the Video Game Industry.

Link to Podcast: http://www.feartheboot.com
Link to Podcast Feed: http://feartheboot.libsyn.com/rss

ABOUT FEAR THE BOOT PODCAST
Fear the Boot is an irreverent, roundtable discussion of tabletop roleplaying games and a little bit more. In this weekly show we debate game-related issues, offer advice for improving your game, and poke fun at the hobby. Our cast changes a little from show to show, but we always assemble a group of dynamic individuals with divergent views, guaranteeing you'll hear several perspectives on everything we discuss. Learn more about Fear the Boot at www.feartheboot.com.

# # #
MEDIA CONTACT: Dan Repperger, dan@feartheboot.com, 206-339-3327.

FraserRonald

Explorer
And it is a great interview.

And if the interview doesn't hook you on Fear the Boot, get into their Game Design series, which starts with episode 28. Some really great stuff coming down the pipe from the FTB gang. It seriously warrants your attention.

And I'm not even getting paid to pimp this.

Unless someone is willing . . . I'm cheap!

PJ-Mason

First Post
I thought it was a great interview, also. A couple pieces of insight in it that surpised me. I'll definitely tune in for this series of inteviews.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
This was an excellent interview, especially when you consider that it was their (FtB's) first interview ever. They handled it very nicely, paying attention to Ryan, asking relevant questions, yet still bantering in the usual way of the show. Thoroughly enjoyable and informative. FtB's is arguably my favorite gaming podcast and with this series they surely shoot to the top. Give it a listen.

lrsach01

Explorer
WayneLigon said:
No text transcription?

Boy has game company.
Boy meets girl with game company.
Boy wants girl to buy his company.
Girl wants boy to buy her company.
Boy brokers new deal....hilarity insues.

buzz

Adventurer
lrsach01 has it about right. :)

Dancey talks about his career, which gets into both the CCG craze (he started L5R) and the WotC purchase of TSR, which he and his business partner at the time brokered, which got him into WotC. He talks about the development of 3e (which had begun before WotC, and was originally mostly a minor 2e update), the reasons TSR was totally broke (millions of campaign settings and no market research), and the market data WotC collected. Then there's some discussion about where we are now, and what Dancey is up to.

Bloody brilliant. Anybody who dismisses this guy is making a huge mistake.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads