• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat for underaged character.

Xulin

First Post
Hello. I'm playing in a campaign in which I play a young girl and I was wondering if this custom feat would be good.

Adorable [Child]
Prerequisites: Female, Cha 13+, age less than 15.
Benefit: A character who has this feat may add their charisma modifier as a bonus to AC against attacks from enemies older than 30. In addition, when such an enemy successfully hits the character with an attack, that enemy must make a will saving throw (DC = 10 + 1/2 character level + Cha modifier + number of years less than 15) or else be filled with such guilt that they are sickened for 3 rounds.

Jailbait [Child]
Prerequisites: Adorable, Female, Cha 15+, age less than 15.
Benefit: Whenever a character who has this feat is subject to a grapple check or touch attack, a squad of 3 FBI vans drive up, with 5 FBI agent in each van for a total number of 15 agents. The agents make every attempt to arrest the enemy who committed the grapple or touch attack.

The agents have the following statistics:

Agent, 6th level human FBI 6
HD: 6d8+12 (36 hp)
Init: +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
AC: 18 (+6 Kevlar Vest, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+8
Attack: MP5 +8; or Baretta +8; or Grenade +8
Full Attack: MP5 +8/+3 or +6/+6/+1 with Rapid Shot; or Baretta +8/+3
Damage: MP5 2d6/20; Baretta 1d8/x3; Grenade 4d6 fire.
Space: 5ft.
Special Qualities: Shoot to Kill
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +1.
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 11
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Improved Initiative, Improved Unarmed Strike.
AL: Neutral

Last edited:

Brazeku

First Post
I was pretty much expecting "Jailbait", although I thought it would just be a charisma bonus versus opponents aged 30+. Summoning a horde of FBI agents is hella strong, but if you're playing in the kind of campaign where this kinda thing is allowed, I think it would be hilarious.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
This just funny enough that I might allow it. Especially considering a situation where for example the group is fighting on a deck of a ship and out of nowhere three vans pull over on the deck.

Aleolus

First Post
Very amusing, but why are there only feats for young girls? Why not some for underaged guys as well? Such as adding their Int or Cha to saving throws against mind-affecting effects, or something?

Brazeku

First Post
Ha! Although, you may want to restrict the effect to creatures of similar species. I don't think an ancient komodo dragon will care so much that it's biting a young girl instead of a sheep.

Also, what happens with these feats if the character grows past the target age?

s-dub

First Post
So now we have a new class of feats. Shall we name is Child feats?

I guess that if you use retraining rules once they are useless due to your advancing age you can just retrain them.

Xulin

First Post
First Brazeku, the child is just so adorable that it transcends racial bounds (sort of how you wouldn't want to throw a pillowcase full of kittens off a bridge). Also, naturally when you no longer meet the prerequisites for a feat, you may no longer use that feat. That's part of the justification for their slight power increase compared to regular feats (Well, that and it's funny).

Second, to Aleolus; Ask and ye shall receive.

Intolerable [Child]
Prerequisites: Male, Cha 13+, age less than 15.
Benefit: A character with this feat gains two benefits: First, he may as a full round action attempt to annoy an NPC when he requests something. The NPC must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 character level + Cha modifier + number of years less than 15) or else grant the character's request; however, the attitude of that NPC toward this character is immediately changed to unfriendly. Second, all opponents within 10 feet of the owner of this feat take a penalty equal to this character's Cha modifier to all attacks as their frustration impedes with their ability to hit this annoying child.

Unstoppable Youth [Child]
Prerequisites: Male, Cha 13+, Con 13+, age less than 15, Intolerable.
Benefit: A character with this feat is filled with restless energy. This feat provides multiple benefits: First, a character with this feat is immune to the fatigued condition, that is, any affect that would cause the owner of this feat to be fatigued instead has no effect. Second, a character with this feat need only rest for 4 hours to gain the benefits of a full nights rest. Third, the character gains a +10 bonus to his land speed. Finally, the character gains a bonus to damage equal to his Con modifier against inanimate objects.

Trickster [Child]
Prerequisites: Int 13+, age less than 15.
Benefit: This feat grants its owner the ability to play tricks on his opponents. The owner may choose the trick from the following list. Unless otherwise stated, a trick takes a standard action to perform, and a given enemy may only be tricked once per encounter.

Low Blow: The character hits the opponent in a particularly nasty area. Make an attack as usual and if successful, the character may add his Int modifier to damage. In addition the character may make a free trip attack against the opponent, and if he fails, the opponent does not get a trip attempt against the owner of this feats. Slings and unarmed strikes are the most common weapon this feat is used with.

Trick Thief: The character rushes the opponent to make him believe he's trying to tackle him while really trying to steal something. The character makes a touch attack as though attempting to grapple his opponent. If he succeeds at the check, he may attempt a Slight Of Hand check in order to take a small item on the opponents person as a free action. Whether he succeeds or fails this check he may move away from his opponent without provoking the normal attack of opportunity for moving out of an opponents reach.

Sling Dirt: The character slings dirt in his opponents eye, blinding him. The character may throw dirt at his opponent with a range of 15 feet(no range increment). The opponent must succeed at a reflex save(DC 10 + 1/2 character level + Int modifier) or else be blinded for 1d4+1 rounds. Note that there need not be any dirt where the owner of this feat is fighting as it is generally assumed that the character has dirt somewhere on his person.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads