• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat/Item Aid

Marchen

First Post
I need some help looking for a particular feat, which may or may not exist. I'm making my new necromancer PC, who exists in a world where the only available schools of arcane magic are divination/illusion/necromancy. This means that I only have access to spells off of those lists. Makes life a bit tough for a fledgling wizard.

Good news is that I start out at 3rd level. Now I seem to remember there being a feat which allowed a caster to cast touch spells at range. This would certainly help me, since a lot of my combat spells are going to be touch spells. I will have Spectral Hand, but if this feat exists, it will be good.

Chances are I'm just remembering something wrong anyway.

That being said, any other suggestions on how to survive? I've got 2,700gp to spend on my initial equipment. I was considering just loading up on some essential scrolls/potions with it. My combat tactics will be to hang back and use my crossbow most of the time, conserving magic for when it's most needed. Use things like Color Spray and Cause Fear, then break out my Spectral Hand and Chill Touch/Ghoul Touches when something nasty shows up. I'm not sure about it all, since I've never played a caster with these sort of restrictions before.

Scion

First Post
reach spell in complete divine, but it increases by 2 levels.

For surviveablity I would suggest playing a divine caster necromancer instead. You'll have better pretty much everything, especially with some good domain choices.

Edit: oh, and pearls of power are pretty nice. With chill touch being a good early choice for necromancers ;)

and I personally really like the bag of tricks..lol

Last edited:

Marchen

First Post
For surviveablity I would suggest playing a divine caster necromancer instead. You'll have better pretty much everything, especially with some good domain choices.

I'm only going with "necromancer" because I want to play an arcane wizard, and there's really no point in not specializing for the extra spell. I would have gone divine, but the last character I played (who died) was a cleric/barbarian. I was just going for something different.

Scion

First Post
I understand ;)

I figured you wanted to do the arcane version for a reason, I was just mentioning that it would tend to make you a better necromancer and be much more durable.

I edited some item stuff in above, not much but maybe it will help a little.

Remove ads