• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats for a new Druid

Thyrkill

Explorer
Happy New Year everyone,

With the new year comes a new campaign, and I actually get to play in it. It is a Norse setting so I've decided to try out a Druid (usually play the Fighter-type). We get to start our characters at 2nd level, and I have put the character together except his feats (he has 2, being Human).

I was wondering if I could get some imput on feat choice. I am not thinking about and PrC but I don't want to choose poorly. I have thought about Endurance, Natural Bond, some meta-magic feats, and some of the Wild Shape feats from Complete Divine, but I'm not sure how much these help when actually played. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

Destil

Explorer
Spell focus (conjuration) and Augment Summoning is a good pair (in 3.5 spell focus is a pretty bad feat, doubly so in Conj, but Augment is rather good).

Scribe scroll is also useful, as druids have a lot of utility magic that you won't want to prep every day but can be lifesavers.

Wild Spell, as written, is just stupid as it is an automatic choice for all druids (unless you trade wildshape for something). BUt you won't want to suck up a feat to take it until either 3rd or 6th.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
You will not regret Improved Initiative.

Scribe Scroll is excellent for the highly situational Druid list (as Destil notes).

What other books can you draw from? Obviously you can't take [Wild] feats until you have Wild Shape...

Cheers, -- N

Thyrkill

Explorer
I have most of the books to draw on, so that's not a problem. I was mostly wondering if the Wild Shapes were useful, once I was able to take them :) Improved Initiative is my standby, and I had not even thought about Scribe Scroll...thanks for that!

Matt

Christian

Explorer
As was recently mentioned in a thread in Rules, Extend Spell is actually a decent feat for Druids. They have a fair number of spells (notably Produce Flame and Goodberry at 1st level) that are worth bumping a level for the doubled duration.

Remove ads