Feats for bards...

Extra Music: Useless. You will already have 10 uses a day, how much do you need?

Lingering Song: Useless. Your songs already last 5 rounds, how long do battles usually last? Less than that.

Disguise Song or whatever, rocks. Leadership rocks, very powerfull for classes with a high Charisma and a castle. I'd wait till you change and take Weapon Finesse: Natural to use your claws and still get decent ranged attack bonus'. Spellcasting Prodigy is a great feat for spellcasters, bad for Bards. Spell Focus: Enchantment is a great feat for bards, it affects almost all their spells.

Stalker0

Legend
Extra music is one of the best feats for a bard at first level, but if your starting out at a higher one I wouldn't recommend it.

I've had obscure lore before and I like it, bards got to find a way to show their uniqueness in the game and this is one of the few ways.

Lingering song isn't all that great imho. I'd go with a spell focus enchantment and spell focus illusion (I love illusion spells:D) or major a greater spell focus in one of them.

With dragon disciple your saves are going to be preety good so you wouldn't get a lot of use out of great fortitude or anything. Improved init would be nice.

Don't know what spellcasting prodigy is, never had that book, but everyone seems to love it so go with that

Archer

First Post
Split fighter/bard if you are going dragon disciple for the best attacking. Use a spiked chain for best range.

Otherwise, take exotic weapon mercurial longsword. You get x4 critical now and 2d6 damage when you become large. Combat Reflexes will come in handy when you are Large And In Charge. Subsonics are good because you can sing all the time and only stop when you are casting spells. This saves an action during combat and your allies don't have to spend a round listening in combat before gaining the effects. It a permanent prayer spell except it is a morale bonus instead of a luck bonus and so stacks with prayer. Dragon disciple is the ultimate melee class. Are you getting the enlargement bonuses at 5th level because if you don't the class has only half the bonus it needs to compete.

Remove ads