• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats in d20 Modern

Cutty Sark

First Post
After taking a quick look at the d20 SRD, the only questions I came up with were questions about the stuff that's not there. Do you get a feat every three levels? All the basic classes get feats every other level. But the advanced classes don't. Do you get a bonus feat for being human, even though everybody's human? Is it part of a starting character package, like Wheel of Time or Forgotten Realms? Is that what the professions are? I'd like to get some feel for how character creation works before I buy the book, because if I can explain it to a couple of my fellow gamers they might go in on it with me.

pensiv

Explorer
adding to that, even though "everyone" gets 2 feats at 1st level, if you're playing a non-human character, such as a Moreau (animal/human hybrids, à la The Island of Dr. Moreau), it is explicitly stated in the template/race that such a character gets one less feat at first level, thus preserving the D&D3e approach to races and feats.

Last edited:

Gez

First Post
Also, the skills each class get at each levels are on the 3-5-7-9 scale, rather than the 2-4-6-8 scale like in D&D. Probably to reflect the +1 human skill point. Is this also reflected for non-human races ?

I have not reverse engineered the sample NPC monsters in the d20 MSRD to check this out, but I'll maybe do it. I'm curious how many skill point total are given to bugbears strong heros and kobolds smart heroes.

Crothian

First Post
Gez said:
Also, the skills each class get at each levels are on the 3-5-7-9 scale, rather than the 2-4-6-8 scale like in D&D. Probably to reflect the +1 human skill point. Is this also reflected for non-human races ?

Yes. Non humans start out with -4 skill points at first level and -1 skill point every level there after.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads