• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats modifying attacks: are they worth it?

cwhs01

First Post
Has anyone done the math on wether/when feats such as power attack, twf, combat expertise etc. are better than the standard unmodified attack, depending on one owns attack bonus/str/weapon damage vs. opponents AC and HP?
My hope was that someone had an excell (or similar) sheet calculating average dam pr round (or similar).

Len

Prodigal Member
I worked it out for Rapid Shot when I started playing an archer a while ago. My conclusion was that Rapid Shot is almost always worth using. According to my calculations, the only time Rapid Shot gives less expected damage is when the target's AC is 18 more than your attack bonus (which doesn't happen very often). In the majority of cases Rapid Shot gives more damage (and occasionally it makes no difference). This holds true no matter how many iterative attacks you have or how much damage your bow does.

Remove ads