• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feats that can modify Wisdom checks

Mordane76

First Post
Are there any feats in the core books, or in WotC supplements, that can be used to give a modifier to Wisdom checks? Not skill checks involving Wisdom, but in straight Wisdom check.
I'm doing some modification to a home-brewed class and I need to know what I can expect with feats that can modify Wisdom checks or alter the Wisdom stat so that I can make some decisions. One of their primary abilities will focus around making Wisdom checks to successfully accomplish tasks, so this could make or break my idea.

Mordane76

First Post
Question said:
You mean like the feat in PHBII that lets you use your con mod for your will saves?

No - that modifies Will Saves, not Wisdom checks. Like if your DM said, "Make me a Wisdom check, DC 19," and you'd roll only a d20 + Wisdom modifier. Are there any feats that in the books from WotC that modify rolls like that?

Question

First Post
I havent heard of any. I cant recall if the one in PHBII that lets you roll 2 d20s and take the best result applies to wisdom checks.

Its very rare for a DM to say "make a stat check, DC x" anyway.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Not sure about feats off-hand, but there are items that modify ability checks.

Stone of Good Luck gives a +1 luck bonus on ability checks.
Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone gives a +1 competence bonus on ability checks.
Circlet of Persuasion gives a +3 competence bonus on Charisma checks (which gives you a pricing guideline for Wisdom).
I'm away from my CW, but I think Armbands of Might give a bonus on Strength checks.

-Hyp.

Mordane76

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Not sure about feats off-hand, but there are items that modify ability checks.

Stone of Good Luck gives a +1 luck bonus on ability checks.
Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone gives a +1 competence bonus on ability checks.
Circlet of Persuasion gives a +3 competence bonus on Charisma checks (which gives you a pricing guideline for Wisdom).
I'm away from my CW, but I think Armbands of Might give a bonus on Strength checks.

-Hyp.

Crud... I hadn't even considered items that can modify ability checks... I'm definitely going to have to think into this deeper.

Remove ads