• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

February - What are you playing?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Vigilance said:
Been playing Civ 4 Beyond the Sword to death. I had a puter that couldnt run Civ 4 for awhile, when BTS came out, but now I have a new puter again, and BTS is *awesome*.
Oh yes, I'm playing that all the time right now. And it has some cool fan-mods online as well, Fall from Heaven II is definitively very good (unlike the FfH scenario, that was more eye candy than everything else). Though nothing beats the "classic" game.

Cheers, LT.

Arnwyn

First Post
trancejeremy said:
I take it you are a Golden Girls fan?
You remember that? You, sir, rock. My hat is off to you.

While "fan" is a strong (very strong!) word, that was the funniest thing that ever came out of that show... :D

Arnwyn

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
What part are you referring to as a failure? The co-op campaign mode? Or the online multiplayer stuff? Co-op is great because you can FINALLY have 4 people in the game rather than just 2. That was on my wishlist since Halo 1. You have more options, like you can turn scorning on and make it competitive. The skulls can also enhance your play experience in campaign mode. Multiplayer plays basically just like Halo 2, so I can't see a complaint with that unless you didn't like Halo 2 multiplayer either.
Not the co-op - that is, by far, the best thing Halo ever did. Awesome, awesome experience, overall. It's the fact that Halo 3 concentrated far too much on online multiplayer and no where near enough on the campaign mode (which is short and disappointing)... and yeah, Halo 3 multiplayer is "basically just like Halo 2". That's not a good thing for a next-gen/360 game. Add to it that it's pretty ugly for a 360 game (thus some of the "Halo 2.5" jabs) - and while that's far less of a big deal, it still adds to the disappointment. Co-op makes it all tolerable, though. Best. Co-op game(s). Evar.

But in any case, any Halo 3 comments (positive or negative) are going to be highly debatable (and that's not something I care to do, since it's falling into the realm of personal preference). I'm just answering the questions posed to me, is all.

One thing I wish they did add were bots to online multiplayer (or at least as an option).
That'd have been nice, absolutely. (And kudos to Perfect Dark 2 for doing it.)

Talislan

First Post
Finally got into Mass Effect (which basically involved me remembering how to use a control pad properly)

Dip into NWN (mainly to play character creation tests) and UFO:Afterlight once in a while on the pc.

Generally though I've lost a lot of interest in computer games until the new FALLOUT arrives. Then I doubt anyone will see me for a few months.

*note to Bethesda - I know you already have this as your mantra but ...just PLEASE don't break it...please.)

evildmguy

Explorer
Too many. I spread myself thin across games.

Supreme Commander - Not very far into it.

NWN2 - I load it up, do about three things, not quests, and then go eh. I like it but had too much downtime and now don't remember everything. I don't want to start over, though. Maybe I will try MotB campaign.

LotRO - I don't like Tolkien but I really like this. From what I played of WoW, over a year ago, it's like WoW++, in that they took WoW as a basis and improved what I liked in it. I doubt I will last longer on this than WoW (four months or so) but we will see.

Gun Metal - THIS IS AN AWESOME GAME! It's a cheap game, too. I paid $8 for it. It's a shoot 'em up arcade game that has held my attention pretty well. Fun game.

Some online but free poker (hold 'em).

I have many other games loaded but don't get to them much. PrankTV, Titan Quest, Sacred/Sacred Underworld, Star Trek Armada II, and others I can't think of. I am back into reading a bit more. And I want to do more with my gaming group. Or try, at least.

edg

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
I got all these cool games for 360 for X-mas:
Mass Effect (which I haven't even opened yet!!!)
CoD4
Assissin's Creen
Bioshock
The Orange Box (haven't opened)
Guitar Hero 3

That is a freaking travesty, my friend. :D

Stop playing WoW for 5 minutes, play some Mass Effect. It's amazing. At the very least, play and beat Portal. One of the best games of 2007 (or ever?) and you can complete it in what, 5-6 hours? Maybe less.

I'm playing some Mario Galaxy, patiently waiting for SSBB. Working my way through Mass Effect with an adept. And ironically, I'm screwing around with WoW a few times a week.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads