• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(feedback) The Chains of Eternity

Xaov

First Post
NOTE: Alright I am not looking to make this an on going enworld chronicle hence why I did not post it in Story hour. If possible I would like any suggestions, comments, criticisms you guys have for me.

The Chains of Eternity is going to be the first adventure I will be running in a Midnight campaign I want to start with my role-playing group I am in.

Here it goes:

The Chains of Eternity (story)

Before the Sundering the world was bathed in light. The hearts and souls of the people of Erenland were filled with hope. The only fear they had was a midnight mugger, or an accidental stray into the domains of monsters.
The Gods during that time had a direct connection with the mortals of the realm. This connection gave them the ability to help those mortals loyal to them. However even in the most splendid of times, darkness grew inside the heart of the mortals, the dark lord Izrador slowly began to use his fowl witchcraft, to tempt those loyal to the other gods, to do his bidding. The gods would not stand for that. They saw a great darkness in the future of the world if Izrador was not stopped. So they gathered together at the first council of gods to hatch a plan.
The gods commissioned the greatest smiths in the entire world to craft the tools with which they would carry out their plot against Izrador. One of these tools was the Chains of Eternity. The Chains of Eternity were made by the Wood Elf Parihia. The Chains were crafted using a special metal that was lighter than Iron yet as strong as Adamantine and even rarer to boot, blessed with positive energy, these chains could withstand even the strongest of acids and they were nearly unbreakable. After 40 days of ceaseless crafting the Chains were completed. These Chains were the first among a set of 10 items built by the master crafters for the purpose of bringing their plan to fruition.
Once the gods had collected the remaining pieces of the Tools of the Masters, the time for the removal of Izrador was at hand. With the combined effort of the rest of the gods they were able to subdue Izrador long enough to bind him to a consecrated altar with the Chains of Eternity. Raising the Witch’s Soulsplitter high into the air the soul of Izrador was sundered from his body. The one who had so threatened the other gods that a formal execution was required was now gone. As the gods returned to their planes they came upon a terrifying realty, when Izrador’s soul had been split from his body the evil which was contained unleashed into the world, the Hatred he had for the other gods of the council was so great, that when his soul was sundered it rose to the air like a black cloud of death, bathing the world in Darkness, and cutting off the once proud deities from all their subjects. Whether it was his hatred for the pantheon, or the evil magics which fed his soul, the outside planes were cut off from ours because of his essence.
It is not known what happened to the Chains of Eternity after the sundering. It suggested however that the chains were buried somewhere deep within Erenland and given a fearsome guardian to watch over and protect. Many believe the Chains were destroyed in the sundering. But there are those out there who believe the Chains still exist and are waiting to be found. What do you believe?

Dernit

First Post
Xaov--

It's a pretty straightforward narrative and sets it up nicely. I don't know much about Midnight, but you plopped everything in my head quite nicely. Don't really have any criticisms about the actual writing either. Hope all goes well with your campaign.

Remove ads