Feudal Lords Update

Jraynack

Explorer
Greetings to all,

It is a busy month here for me and I wanted to take a moment a write to you all waiting for the first installment of the Feudal Lords Campaign Setting.

We, or I should say I, am slightly behind schedule. I will not go into detail, but December and January were tough (besides it being the Holidays).

• I had a computer virus
    My father-in-law was in critical condition

There are some other minor issues but not worth mentioning. So the question is, "How far behind?"

I made changes to the schedule to satisfy my needs to get things done proper.

First, The Possession multiclass will first appear in the Feudal Lords Player's Guide. It will be released as a stand alone later with additional material. Like the 3rd edition Classes and Races of Cthonia, the Feudal Lords Player's Guide will focus around that particular region rather than the known world (although much you will find in the book, about 85%, will also apply to the rest of the world).

The DM's guide will follow shortly after and breifly detail the other regions. It will contain much advice about being a game master for the setting (as well as for running other dark, gothic mystery settings), a full adventure, and the previous 3rd edition product (newly converted to 4th), Caldor: City of Crossroads, among other things.

These are top priority. We are expecting a late to mid February release of the player's guide.

Please feel free to leave your comments or concerns and I will check back regulary to fill you all in.

Thanks and happy gaming,

Josh

raptor112

First Post
Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to this product. I only have one real request. Since I'll most likely be buying the PDF version at rpgnow, can you include a full size preview of the player's guide? That page turning preview is basically junk as you can't ever read what it says. I mainly ask cause I'm only playing in a 4th edition game not running one (and it will be several months till I finish running my 3.5 game) and I want to try buy only products my GM will let into his game (your noble multiclass is already allowed for his next campain world.) Either way thank you for your fine work

Jraynack

Explorer
I can easily do a full size preview of a few select pages. I am not sure what pages I will release until I organized the book. But, overall not a problem.

raptor112

First Post
thank you, thank you very much, I really hate those mini "previews" on RPGNOW, the are totally unreadable and makes me not want to buy a product.
I really hope I can use this as both a player in my friends game and a GM in my game.

Jraynack

Explorer
Any chance we can get a new update?

Uh . . . well . . . sure.

I will finish the background section this weekend - this chapter contains many things to help make a Feudal Lords Character. It also has a list of professions from Gong Farmer to Chamberlain.

A profession, depending on your place in the social class (noble, clergy, or commoner), gives you a bit of an edge. Though mostly geared toward humans, other races that live in human communities can benefit as well.

This week, I will work hard on commands (similar to rituals but for martial, non-casters) and a feudal obligations.

Then, 4 more powers for the possessed multiclass, update several of our 3rd Ed. prestige classes from our earlier books, and then to editing and proofing. So, it is right around the corner.

Also, since this project is much larger than myself and I am a bit behind schedule, we will frequently update the guidebook adding to it over the next several months after its release.

So, the guide will release with a reduced price based on its content. Then each update we will increase the price (again, based on content), however those that already purchased the guide get the update free. So it is beneficial to get in on the ground floor to reap the rewards later.

The initial release focuses on Cthonia, further updates will expand on Cthonia and beyond its borders.

So, anyway, let me get back to work and Happy Gaming.

Remove ads