• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Few Questions

Raspen

First Post
Need some clearing up on a few things agin sorry

Warloc questions this time

First if i move 30ft then us flee the seen (dim door 75ft) i can in effect move 105ft a turn?

second at one point i read a Q&A with the makers of CA and think i read that a warloc can drop spells into a ring of spell storing if this is true please let me know and if you know where that Q&A can be found please link it to me. Thank you

Last Question.. when someone uses A Plain shift spell or a spell like it do they get to pick the location on the other plain they are going to like a Greater port or is it random. and if i can be chosen could it be used as a port if cast 2 times?

Starglim

Explorer
1) If you are a 20th level Warlock, yes. Moving 105 feet in a round is not a particularly amazing feat for a 20th level character.

2) No. A warlock's invocations are not spells.

3) Don't know what you mean by "a spell like it". Using plane shift,
SRD said:
Precise accuracy as to a particular arrival location on the intended plane is nigh impossible. From the Material Plane, you can reach any other plane, though you appear 5 to 500 miles (5d%) from your intended destination.

Particle_Man

Explorer
For #3, maybe Gate is a better bet. If you have someone on the other plane that summons you via Gate, that solves the location problem if the other person is already at the place that you want to arrive at on this plane. And the Gate is already a 2 way thing, I believe. Mind you, it doesn't last forever.

zypherillius

First Post
Raspen said:
Need some clearing up on a few things agin sorry

Warloc questions this time

First if i move 30ft then us flee the seen (dim door 75ft) i can in effect move 105ft a turn?

Is flee the scene a warlock invocation? if it is, then your answer to that is no, because it would be a spell like ability, and that takes a standard action to cast. if its not an invocation, i have no idea, ive not heard of it otherwise.

Raspen said:
second at one point i read a Q&A with the makers of CA and think i read that a warloc can drop spells into a ring of spell storing if this is true please let me know and if you know where that Q&A can be found please link it to me. Thank you

Unless its a ring of invocation storing, which i dont think they exist, no, you cant.

Raspen said:
Last Question.. when someone uses A Plain shift spell or a spell like it do they get to pick the location on the other plain they are going to like a Greater port or is it random. and if i can be chosen could it be used as a port if cast 2 times?

no, using the spell planeshift puts them 5-500 miles off of the plane from where they wanted to be. not to mention, even to planeshift to somewhere other than a random plane, you need a fork tuned to that plane or youll hop to some random plane. if you want to get to exactly where you want to be ont he plane, you still need the fork as the spell focus, but you can cast the 7th or 8th wiz/sor spell out of the planar handbook called greater plane shift, it puts you right where you want to be on the plane.

Kapalen

First Post
Uh yeah you could move thirty feet with your move action and then use your standard action to cast flee the scene. Or you could spend a fullround action running and move 120 feet, 150 with the run feat.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads