• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feywild - any details?

wighair

Explorer
Are there any details available anywhere re. Feywild? I can't seem to find anything except a few vague references to "mirroring the real world" and "all creatures embued with a measure of fantastic power" (p161 dmg). Am i missing it or is it not out yet?

Unless i find something to the contrary I'm assuming they function like Ars Magica faerie regio - e.g. easier to enter at certain times/conditions and containing higher levels within them.

The "measure of fantastic power" makes me think it might not be designed for starting levels.

Palladion

Adventurer
What Dalzig mentioned above (it has a lot of great ideas) and Manual of the Planes coming out later this year. I remember a mention (cannot think of the reference at this time) of approximate tiers where character go adventuring on the planes, Feywild and Shadowfell being paragon tier.

kaomera

Explorer
IIRC, there's a lot of info about the Feywild in Worlds and Monsters.
You know, I skipped both of the "preview" books, expecting them to become superfluous once the core books came out... Now I'm thinking that I have to see if my F(ns)LGS has any copies lying around anymore...

Dalzig

First Post
You know, I skipped both of the "preview" books, expecting them to become superfluous once the core books came out... Now I'm thinking that I have to see if my F(ns)LGS has any copies lying around anymore...

It might seem backwards, but they are the single best source of fluff for 4e out so far. I'd at least suggest a thumb-through if you see one.

Andor

First Post
If you read the Formian section of the MM apparently they are the uncontested masters of the underdark of the Feywild. That should give some idea of the powerlevel.

OTOH everybody and their retarded cousion Ray-ray can teleport through the feywild without running into problems of any kind. You'd think they'd have evolved a predator who specializes in eating teleporting nimrods.

Wormwood

Adventurer
It might seem backwards, but they are the single best source of fluff for 4e out so far. I'd at least suggest a thumb-through if you see one.
Honestly, I've referred more to the preview books for my game than I have the DMG or the Monster Manual.

Remove ads