• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FFD20 System

Kularian

First Post
I was reading CreamSteak's thread down there, *points*, and it got me in the mood to try it. Well, here's kinda what I came up with, and I've got a few class sheets already created if you'd like to take a gander.

First off, I'm setting it up kinda like FFTactics. Each Character will have their main job abilities, a subjob ability, a reaction ability, an activated ability, and a support ability. The Equipment for a character depends on his main class, unless they've picked up a 'Equip Heavy Armor' type support ability. We don't really use the whole map thing for fights, so I left out the Movement abilities, but feel free to add them in if you like this idea.

Then, I decided to go with the MP die idea, as well as giving the mage types a mp bonus.

Also, I kinda went with Tactics as well in making a class tree type system. I've got all the mages done, and it goes kinda like this:

--------------------------------Mage-------------------------------------
---------------------/------------|---------\-----------------------------
-----------BlackMage-------Red Mage--------White Mage------------------
---------/------|-----------/--------\------------|-------\----------------
Summoner--Time Mage--Sorcerer----Grey Mage---Cleric---Shaman----------

Basically, hehe. Text Form: The Mage can become a Black, Red, or White Mage. The Black Mage can become Summoner or Time Mage. The Red Mage can become a Sorcerer or Grey Mage. The White Mage can become a Cleric or a Shaman.

But also like tactics, they don't have to stay a specific job. They can jump back and forth between the different jobs as much as they want, as long as they meet the requirements. If ye'd like to see any of the class sheets, just let me know, and I'll be glad to post them on here.

I'd like to hear what you think thus far, and hopefully get a thread going like CreamSteak's!

Kular out.

Last edited:

Remove ads